< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: BOG Assembled - Now what?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
BOG Assembled - Now what?
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:42:09 AM »
Where are you bugging out to?

Does that stuff in your bag really work?

Have you field tested it yourself? How many times?

Does each member of the family have a BOG particular to their own needs?
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: BOG Assembled - Now what?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »
I don't really see my Bag / Kit that I carrry with me in my vehicle  as a "Bug out bag" I'm not leaving to go anywhere. I see my Bag /Kit as a get my ass home bag (GHB), Nothing more. Just get me back to my other "Plan B"

Every vehicle I have is properly equiped for the normal passengers

Why would I leave my home "Fortress" behind for the Zombies to run off with. If SHTF everybody is going to running from the east and west coast  to where I am at anyway. They don't call it  " Nebraska the Good Life" for nothing 

I would have more problems repelling others who have not prepared for the dark times of a social melt down

The problem I am having is the bottled water frezing in the back of the blazer in the winter ??
 FLUFF

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:49:19 PM »
I am heading to Horsethief, New Mexico. I know a guy there...
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Excellent points Dan!

Here are some things that I have considered when it comes to preparing for a situation;

If your primary castle is destroyed or damaged beyond living in then evacuation is essential, but it is imperative to have some place to go. Without a suitable destination in mind you become a refugee and within a very short time you'll be dependent on on the government for assistance.

If you plan on heading "for the hills and living off the land" you will probably have to crowd in with all the other people that beat you to the location you had picked out.

There has even been confirmed stories of those that have property back in the woods have shown up for a peaceful weekend and found people had taken up residence in their thought ot be secret mountain retreat. And this without even a situation in progress.

I rather like GHB over BOG. It is my opinion that in the event of a situation I do not just want to survive, I want to maintain life in the manner I am accustomed to. I can better do this in an abode with which I am familiar.

As I stated earlier there may be sometime when "bugging out" is the only option and I have two separate places to go. Other than being prepared to "bug out" to one of those locations I have found my money and energy is better spent on "fortifying" my primary residence with food stocks, generator and other supplies.

I have had my share of C-Rations and MRE's, ya'll can have as much of my share as you want. I am on my second food saver vacuum sealer, having worn the first one out.

I could go on but I think we all understand the main emphasis is preparation. 
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »
What the heck is a BOG?????

I am with you, have a location preplanned and staged with (hidden if possible) goods to last awhile.  Also having parts and fuel for your vehicle to get there, along with good PAPER maps and routes planned wouldn't hurt. Worst case you have to ditch the car and hoof it to your location you wanna know how to get there without passing through cities and beign on major roads if possible.
N0ZXR

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »
Bug Out Gear
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:46:13 PM »
aha thanks.
N0ZXR