< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Warren Buffett's son Howard becomes Illinois county sheriff  (Read 941 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Warren Buffett's son Howard becomes Illinois county sheriff
« on: September 15, 2017, 04:31:59 PM »
Fer Cryin' Out Loud..................
=================
https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2017/09/15/warren-buffetts-son-howard-becomes-illinois-county-sheriff/23211159/

Buffett, 62, has served since September 2014 as undersheriff in the county of roughly 107,000 people.

Before his promotion on Friday, Howard Buffett had completed more than 3,300 hours of patrol and training, and had 76 weapons qualifications including Tasers, handguns, rifles and shotguns.
=================

Now here's a fellow who can do anything he wishes to do.   And so he makes an interesting choice.

Bet his gun collection isn't nearly so scrubby as mine.

And it appears that the old adage about "every other generation" has some validity to it.

We better get him as an NFOA member.

For your reading pleasure.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Warren Buffett's son Howard becomes Illinois county sheriff
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
76 weapons qualifications?   :o  Define "Scrubby"

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
I spoke of my own scrubby gun collection, which includes various and assorted plain old ordinary Glocks, XDs, Ruger 22/45s, Marlins, a Remington or two..........

Most bought used.  Nuthin' very special.  And also a Jiminez JA-22.   (Do NOT let this latter fact get out to the rest of the forum.  Way, way too embarrassing.   That JA-22 is about as scrubby as it gets.)

Now, Howard Buffet's collection  probably has high-end Kimbers, STIs, Perazzis, Krieghoffs, Merkels, etc., etc.

As it happens, Mr. Buffet's weapons qualifications appear to be outstanding.   All 76 of them.   After all, he is the sheriff.

sfg
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:32:36 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Lol, I seem to remember a thread from long ago about the jiminez.  Guess my "Collection" could be defined as "Scrubby" as well.  ;D

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:03:34 PM »
Lol, I seem to remember a thread from long ago about the jiminez.  Guess my "Collection" could be defined as "Scrubby" as well.  ;D
Mine would be scrubby and puny without a doubt. But it is mine and none can take it from me (except my wife)

Wonder what kind of sheriff he will be?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »
As it happens, Mr. Buffet's weapons qualifications appear to be outstanding. All 76 of them. After all, he is the sheriff.
That's rather unusual. The farther police administrators get from the street, the less capable they tend to be of functioning on the street. Of more importance to people like us is his attitude to firearms in the hands of private citizens.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 01:56:50 AM »
It has been his hobby for the past 5 years.

Howard G. Buffett

In August 2012 Howard G. Buffett passed the state qualifications to become an Auxiliary Deputy Sheriff for MCSO. In September 2014 he was appointed a Civilian Undersheriff, a non paid position, to assist with special projects. Mr. Buffett served as an Auxiliary Deputy Sheriff in Shelby and Christian Counties in Illinois and on the Sheriff's Assist Team in Cochise County, Az.     
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 01:59:30 AM »
He was temporarily appointed until a new sheriff is elected later this year, so if he wanted to be real sheriff, he would have to run for election.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger