< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gonna be at the gun show this weekend?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
Gonna be at the gun show this weekend?
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/modern-black-powder-gun-show/

I may go but not planning on buying anything. I have a revolver in transit from Bud's that should be at Thunder Alley before this. And that one was gun more than I should have bought this year. But I had 2 Bud's gift certificates and there's the $40 rebate so....
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gonna be at the gun show this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »
 Should be a good show.   its tomorrow and sunday, 9 to 5 sat. 9 to 4 sunday, always lots to find, and take your time, it should take at least 3 hours to go thru this show, I see so many people just walk past tables, you never know what small item is hidden on the tables, 
    Its $5 to get in, but you can stay all day .
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »
I REALLY want to stop by, but I'll be Building Riflemen from 7:30 til at least 5 both days.  If you see any deals, let me know. ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
I REALLY want to stop by, but I'll be Building Riflemen from 7:30 til at least 5 both days.  If you see any deals, let me know. ;)

DEALS?   

I got there at noon today to set up. and by 2 pm had already spent $100.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »
I wandered around there a couple hours.  I don't know enough about rifles to know if I missed any deals. My guess would be no. I looked at a Harrington and Richards 949 9 round 22 revolver, but I know nothing about them so know idea if $239 is low, average or high. So I kept walking.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
That was one of the best shows I've been to in a long time.  Spent waaay to much money.  Fantastic deals all around.  I've could of spent a couple of grand easily.  Good thing I didn't, the wife would be super p(i)ssed.  gsd had some tables, so had a good talk with him, and shooter always has great hard to find stuff.  Like shooter said, don't blister by the tables or you will miss deals.  Took his advice, and scored on a lot of stuff I've been looking for for a long time.  Thanks to gsd and shooter for advice given.