< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Dicks sports in Lincoln  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Dicks sports in Lincoln
« on: September 22, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
I believe I'll not darken their doors although they're open now, and I drive by frequently.  For those who don't know, after Sandy Hook they took all AR's off the shelf.  Not 2nd friendly, although fudds are welcome. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Some just don't understand or get it.   
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:17:32 PM by Les »

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Dicks sports in Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
Ok I'll bite: what's a fudd?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Ivars

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »
Wood and steel and nothing else.

"Your Tupperware and recycled beer can gun should be outlawed"

"I want common sense gun laws that don't effect my turdy-turdy"

Old union democrats.

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »
I will not be patronizing them either.

I had to explain to someone at work this afternoon why.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Oh guess I should tear up this coupon. I didn't want to spend $25 to save $10 there anyway. 
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
Ok I'll bite: what's a fudd?

Elmer Fudd
Those who say "I support the second amendment BUT..."
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
Oh guess I should tear up this coupon. I didn't want to spend $25 to save $10 there anyway.

I read the fine print... The coupon wasn't valid on guns or ammo anyway.

I stopped in on Saturday just because I was right next door. (I can never resist the Sirens' song of a Krispy Kreme neon light.) Remington 870 express for about $100 more than Walmart. Remington American Clay and Field and "Gun Club" trap loads were both about $1.50 more / box than they should be. I will not be going back.

It is a VERY unimpressive store. The hunting and fishing sections are much smaller than Scheel's current Lincoln footprint. The new Scheel's, when finished, will make Dick's seem tiny. (There's no other way to say that.)
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »
I read the fine print... The coupon wasn't valid on guns or ammo anyway.

I stopped in on Saturday just because I was right next door. (I can never resist the Sirens' song of a Krispy Kreme neon light.) Remington 870 express for about $100 more than Walmart. Remington American Clay and Field and "Gun Club" trap loads were both about $1.50 more / box than they should be. I will not be going back.

It is a VERY unimpressive store. The hunting and fishing sections are much smaller than Scheel's current Lincoln footprint. The new Scheel's, when finished, will make Dick's seem tiny. (There's no other way to say that.)
I'd stay out on principle alone, plenty of better options to spend your money.  Btw, always like your handle.....I do too.  lol
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:42:29 PM by Les »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »
First I need to disclose my conflict of interest here, I am the Lodge Lead for Dick's Westroads. There is constantly being made the claim that Dicks will not sell AR's, that is not entirely correct. They do not stock AR's at their Dick's locations but will special order them for people. This was made as a business decision before Sandy Hook though it has been publicized as a reaction to it. Much like most Dick's locations do not sell handguns (some do but none in this area), this is not based upon anything to do with politics but more to do with where the stores are and what staffing they have for the Firearms area. Dicks owns Field and Stream and they carry in stock AR's and handguns at those locations, why because there they have full time firearms staffing and the businesses are located in the south and are stand alone locations, unlike the Dick's stores which have a high occurrence in the North Eastern part of the country and are associated with Malls if not attached to them and have done this at the behest of their property managers (they rent their facilities from the mall). That combined with a business plan that does not allow for there to be at least one person behind their gun counter at all times makes it where for security reasons they made the decision to limit what they actively carry in stock.

Pricing, I think we can all find things that everywhere is overpriced upon, you would not believe the number of times I have been told I have something at even a lower price than even DE Guns, If you understand retail that's the way it works you can have a great price on one item and the next you are over what the local market carries, hopefully you have more of the items with the great price and not so many with the high. That said Dick's will price match anyone (not internet auction sights) on the price of anything they have in stock. So you found a great price on that Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor online, take it to the Dick's in Lincoln and if they still have one of the two that they had a week before opening and they will match it. Nothing needed but they ability to show them the offer made elsewhere, no transfer fees ect. Remington Gun Clubs, yes there everyday price is on the high side, but they regularly put them on sale at $5.24 (even had that price for 2 weeks during Remington's Dove season rebate deal where you got a Dollar back for up to 20 boxes)  and have even had them on sale at $4.99 in the last 6 months. Like any big box retailer watch for the specials and make your purchases when the price is right, needing a pallet load for your trap team check with management and they can usually get you the sale prices anytime.

Dick's primary business is not hunting, fishing, and the outdoors, that only makes about 10% of what they do. Primarily they sell sports apparel (shirts, shorts ect.) and that is best done at a Mall, and Mall Management limits what the retailers that rent from them can do. Do the businesses that rent from them always like it no, but they do what they must to drive their primary business concerns.

Oh and I'll add Dick's does not do intermediary's for firearms transfers, receiving and processing guns coming in is a lot more complicated than a t-shirt or baseball bat and they simply do not have the staff on hand to handle those shipments coming in at any time.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 03:46:59 AM »
Elmer Fudd those gun owners who only think gun ownership is about hunting wabbits.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Those are good tips on the Gun Club sales and price matching.  Thank you.

Dick's primary business is not hunting, fishing, and the outdoors, that only makes about 10% of what they do. Primarily they sell sports apparel (shirts, shorts ect.)

Well I spend all my disposable income on hunting, shooting and fishing stuff, books, and the occasional top-shelf bottle 'o gin.  But I still have socks and underwear from the 1980s, so this explains why I usually can't stand to go in the places.  Shopping malls make me nauseous. 

CC

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:12:53 AM »
It does appear from numerous articles that Dick's response was indeed to Sandy Hook.

I have not shopped there since they took a political anti-2nd amendment stance.

I used to spend lots of my money on non-firearm related goods there but no more.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/justice/connecticut-dicks-guns/index.html

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »
To think that their decision to not stock THE most popular rifle in America is anything but political defies reason. If you'll excuse me, I've got some bacon to go shoot out of the sky.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »
Lincoln's Scheels is in a maul that is otherwise a gun free zone. So its clearly possible for a store to get around the maul's rules. Though the signs are not exactly obvious. I work at Office Depot at South Pointe and I didn't know the maul didn't allow guns, thought that was just an Office Depot thing, until I read here that the maul had signs. You actually have to look for them. I found one of them.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
First I need to disclose my conflict of interest here, I am the Lodge Lead for Dick's Westroads. There is constantly being made the claim that Dicks will not sell AR's, that is not entirely correct. They do not stock AR's at their Dick's locations but will special order them for people. This was made as a business decision before Sandy Hook though it has been publicized as a reaction to it. Much like most Dick's locations do not sell handguns (some do but none in this area), this is not based upon anything to do with politics but more to do with where the stores are and what staffing they have for the Firearms area. Dicks owns Field and Stream and they carry in stock AR's and handguns at those locations, why because there they have full time firearms staffing and the businesses are located in the south and are stand alone locations, unlike the Dick's stores which have a high occurrence in the North Eastern part of the country and are associated with Malls if not attached to them and have done this at the behest of their property managers (they rent their facilities from the mall). That combined with a business plan that does not allow for there to be at least one person behind their gun counter at all times makes it where for security reasons they made the decision to limit what they actively carry in stock.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/DGODicks-Sporting-Goods-Suspends-Sale-of-Modern-Sports-Rifles-184055011.html

Dick's Sporting Goods, which operates more than 500 stores in 44 states, did not indicate when the stores would resume selling the guns. The company released the following statement:

"We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

"Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide. 

"We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy. "

Dick's can choke on a bag of them
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 11:39:26 PM »
The biggest mass murders in America were all committed with things other than guns, including this one:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/dozens-die-fire-illegal-bonx-social-club-1990-article-1.2152091

Do you think any gas stations stopped selling gasoline after this mass murder was committed?  Or matches or lighters?  Do car dealerships stop selling cars after people die in auto accidents?

More people are killed with blunt force weapons than with all rifles combined, including the politically incorrect ones.  So have hardware stores stopped selling hammers?

Those who grovel before the liars of liberal media and give in to their demands are fools duped into forging their own chains, and if they are successful those chains will be used to bind all of us.  Businesses who do that will not be getting any of my money.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.