< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: progress on lb889?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: progress on lb889?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »
How about Sept 11, 2010 in Grand Island ;)

Whatever do you mean, Dan?

I mean it would be a really good time to become a full member of the NFOA, so you can attend the first ever NFOA membership meeting on Sept 11 2010

Sorry, I'll be in D.C.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:49:48 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »
The "Tentative" Date for the Public Hearing on LB889 and LB1033 is Thursday February 4th, 2010 in the Judiciary Committee Hearing Room. Public Hearings start at 1:30 P.M.

NOW IS THE TIME TO WRITE AND ASK THE MEMBERS OF THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE TO SUPPORT THESE TWO LB's
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Umm, so how did the hearing go? From the media reports it sounds like not so well. We the NFOA would like a report from those that were there.  I just got off the phone with 6 of the 8 Senators offices who sit on the judiciary committee. I called everyone except Council and McGill. As of now Ashford's office does not know if he supports it yet or not. Christensens office said that McGill completely is against it and Council doesn't support the expansion of the use of force, but does support civil immunity (WOW!!!). Council surprised me. Lautenbaugh, Christensen, Coash (he did have some issue with the car part) all support it. Didn't get a hold of Rogert's office but left a message. I am also assuming that Rogert is on our side since he seems to be pro gun. The problem maker this time is Lathrop. He does not like the bill at all and according to his office will probably not be supporting this bill which means we NEED Brad Ashford's vote to get it out of committee. Lathrop, in his mind, sees a problem with the language and believes that "accidents" will happen: such as the meter reader getting shot or the neighbor with alzheimers. Personally I think his concerns are blown way out of proportion,  the bill is pretty clear that if someone is not committing a crime (forcible felony) such as kicking down your door or bashing in your window or trying to set the place ablaze the homeowner will not be protected in shooting such person.

Folks, the only way this thing is going to get out of committee is if we heavily lobby Mr. Ashford. So get on the phone folks!

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »
Currently there is work going to clear up some of the language that concerns Sen. Lathrop and others, my feelings (from the hearing, and conversations since) are that this needs to happen before we will get Sen. Ashford to support as well.  This is actively being worked on; hopefully it will be completed soon.  But polite emails and calls to the committee and your Senator, even if not on the committee, will help keep this from dying from lack of attention.  Senators not on the committee can and do help push for a bill to come out of committee, if they know it is an important bill to their constituents.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »
Umm, so how did the hearing go?

Have you not read the running thread on this subject?
http://www.nebraskafirepower.com/forum/index.php?topic=1673.60
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
Thanks for posting that thread Dan. I was looking all over the general discussion section.

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »
I can't see the member's only discussion about this, so I'll post this here.  I just called McGill's office (she's my senator since I moved) and asked how she stands on it.  Apparently there are amendments being considered and she's not publicly declaring until the amendments are presented.  I made it clear that I support it as written, and I hope that she'll vote to move it out of committee.  As someone who can vote against her in November I hope she takes note of my wishes.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »
Bill if you want to read the members only area you must be a member of NFOA Forum and the NFOA Organization.
In other words all members who want access to voting privileges and Full member forum privileges must register on both sites.
At current you are not yet registered on the NFOA Front Page if you recently enrolled at a Firearm Show it will take some time before we get your info. entered.

There is no fee to join either and both are required to have full member privileges on the forum.

http://nebraskafirearms.org/ (NFOA Front Page)
http://www.nebraskafirepower.com  (NFOA Forum)

Questions?

Randy
NFOA Board of Directors Member
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »
There are now links to join both the NFOA and the Forum at the bottom of every page in the footer
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.