< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Waffling gun owners?  (Read 545 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Waffling gun owners?
« on: October 04, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »
I've always believed we as a community of firearms owners need to stick together regardless of our individual pursuits without sniping each other as in "Not eating our own" Just some food for thought. 

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Waffling gun owners?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »
I agree with him and there are even some sunshiners among us.

A guy named George called KFAB the other day claiming to be an enthusiast and there is no reason for any more than 8 rounds. He really irritated me! Just because his small mind could not imagine the need, we should bow to his whims. What if 4 guys that didn't care if they died broke into my home trying to rape and kill my wife and daughters? Eight rounds from an M&P Shield 9 is not very good odds for my wife even at indoor range. However, she is very capable of burning them down with my FNX and 16 rounds of 45 even at longer distances. She can shoot it well and having it would at least be a better scenario!

Other useful idiots include those that think 2A was never meant for military style weapons. Hello, all weapons at the time were considered military weapons! Repeaters? They had em!

Does the 1A cover internet speech? I think it does!

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:40:46 AM »
One of the big lies that is fundamental to much of the anti-gun propaganda going around now is the lie that patriots have some mandate to provide a need to exercise our right to be armed.  The truth is there is no such mandate.  Since it is a right we have it whether or not someone thinks we need it.

Imagine having to prove a need to exercise our 4th or 5th Amendment rights.  Or any rights.  The idea is absurd.  But it underlies much gun control propaganda.  And such absurdity being the basis of such massive assaults on our freedoms shows the power of liberal media to manipulate the ignorant.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:31:48 PM »
What if 4 guys that didn't care if they died broke into my home trying to rape and kill my wife and daughters? Eight rounds from an M&P Shield 9 is not very good odds for my wife even at indoor range.
All it takes is one guy who is insensitive to pain, shock and fear because he is high on PCP.

Does the 1A cover internet speech? I think it does!
On some college campuses there is talk of narrowing the scope of the first amendment. What they mean, of course, is that it should protect their speech but not speech with which they disagree.