< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LibTards at it again, Grievance filed against one of our own.  (Read 872 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
LibTards at it again, Grievance filed against one of our own.
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »
Jan 19, 4:56 PM EST

Attorney files grievance against Neb. AG Bruning

By JEAN ORTIZ
Associated Press Writer

Advertisement

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- A Lincoln attorney has filed a grievance against Attorney General Jon Bruning, saying Tuesday that Bruning abused his position and made personal attacks on a judge and a lawyer during a radio show interview.

Korey Reiman said he believes Bruning violated professional rules of conduct with comments he made about Lincoln County District Judge John Murphy and Omaha attorney Stu Dornan during a Jan. 5 interview on Omaha station KFAB.

The interview focused on changes made to Nebraska's sex offender registry law, which Dornan claims are unconstitutional. In the interview, Bruning called Dornan an "apologist for sex offenders." He also said Murphy is a "piece of work" and he's "always been the rabble-rouser - the guy that wants to stick a needle ... in the eye of the state."

At issue was an order Murphy issued to temporarily halt some of the law's provisions. The order was quickly vacated by a federal judge who previously ruled the law could take effect with some minimal exceptions.

Allen Forkner, a spokesman for Bruning, said the filing has been received and Bruning would respond accordingly.

A phone message left Tuesday for Murphy wasn't immediately returned. Dornan wasn't immediately available for comment.

The grievance was filed with the state's Counsel for Discipline on Friday, Reiman said.

When asked about the decision to file, Reiman, a defense attorney who's not among those who've filed lawsuits challenging changes to the sex-offender law, told The Associated Press that Bruning's behavior simply struck a chord.

"I'm not out to get Jon Bruning, but I do think all attorneys have to abide by this code. I certainly have to," Reiman said Tuesday.

Reiman also said he thought Bruning implied the state didn't have to follow Murphy's order because the judge was "out of control."

"What kind of message does that send to the general public?" he asked.

The Counsel for Discipline investigates grievances to determine whether there's evidence of misconduct. The early stages of the process are confidential. In some cases of wrongdoing, the Nebraska Supreme Court can issue punishments ranging from probation to disbarment.

Kent Frobish, assistant counsel for discipline, said confidentiality rules prohibit him from confirming whether a grievance has been filed or an investigation is under way.

The process applies to all attorneys equally, including the attorney general, Frobish said.

Reiman said personal attacks are inappropriate for any attorney, but especially for the lead prosecutor for the state of Nebraska.

"That position, out of anybody in the state, has to convey a respect for the law and he certainly failed that during that interview, in my opinion," Reiman said.

Another case of the LibTards being able to say whatever they want, but holding the Republicans to a higher standard. Harry Reid can say whatever he wants about blacks and it isn't racist, but a Congressman from the Carolinas says "You lie", and he is a racist that must be censored. I am getting tired of this crap, time to make some changes.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:09:08 PM by SBarry »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: LibTards at it again, Grievance filed against one of our own.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »
I heard this interview and I couldn't agree with Brunning more.
Tom Becka of KFAB was the host and he was all fired up and Brunning stood his ground.

Stu Dornan is an idiot (your classic Lib lawyer)
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.