< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Journal Star - AK47 Stolen  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
Lincoln Journal Star - AK47 Stolen
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
http://www.journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_9e38b854-14d1-11df-a8f1-001cc4c002e0.html

For some reason the wording at the bottom of this article really upsets me. 

Police say someone stole an AK-47 overnight Saturday from a bedroom closet in the 2300 block of Randolph Street.

Officer Katie Flood said a 24-year-old Lincoln man had bought the Romanian-made semi-automatic rifle on Jan. 20. But his parents were upset when they found out, so he agreed to store it at a friend's house.

She said overnight Saturday his friend had several friends over, and the rifle was stolen from a bedroom closet.

Flood said the rifle worth $453 was unloaded at the time, but it can carry a 30-round magazine.

So feel safe, the rifle was unloaded. But WATCH OUT!!! It can carry a huge scary 30 rounder.  ??? ??? ???
N0ZXR

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln Journal Star - AK47 Stolen
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »
That sentence was speaking about the value of the gun wasn't it?  You know with the high price of ammo, that the total value would go way up if it had 30 rounds with it.  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:21:42 PM by RLM5150 »

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »
First off, where do they get a nice round number of $453 maybe that s $450 for the gun and $3 if they perp had the 30 round mag,too. 

I wonder how much media attention my BLACK , Semi auto, 10 round Magazine fed and scoped .22 Remington 522 "Viper" would get if it was stolen.  (frankly it would be a blessing for me, write it off to insurance.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »
I find it funny that they are calling him a 24 year old MAN, when it sounds like he's living with his parents.   ::)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
If 30 rounds are scary, what would this be?   ???

Romanian too, so it would be a good match.  75 Rounds.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »
I find it funny that they are calling him a 24 year old MAN, when it sounds like he's living with his parents.   ::)

Check Arfcom, bound to be a thread from a basement dweller in there. Maybe he paid $419.95 and had to pay 8% tax? He also may be a student living at home till he graduates. Mom's house, Mom's rules.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
i was hanging out with a friend who works at a local tv station and they told me this family is a sudanese immigrant/emigrant family and the mom was worried that her son would turn out to be a criminal.  their family just escaped the wartorn country filled with AK's and now her son has one.  i guess it really upset her.

but here's my question, since when can emigrant/immigrants get guns?  i thought our 2nd ammendment only applied to citizens?  am i wrong here?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
No the Constitution now applies to all terrorists, foreign and domestic, illegal immigrants (I'm sorry, undocumented workers), and whomever else Eric Holder decides......

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »
As long as you are a legal resident alien (people with green cards) you can own a gun as well as get a carry permit. I think it is reasonable. If they work here legally and reside here legally than they should be able to defend themselves, their families and their property as well.