< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reloading 5.56 rounds  (Read 1938 times)

Offline akclark

• NFOA Full Member
    • CryptoSpace
Reloading 5.56 rounds
« on: February 11, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Just in case you guys are right and the Kenyan somehow manages to make the reloading of ammo illegal, is there a simple-stupid how-to document on what I need to get started?

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Reloading 5.56 rounds
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:10:09 PM »
Have you ever reloaded anything before?

See my post   "Finally loading .223 "  about my learning curve  to reload for my AR's.

I was a very experienced handloader of handgun calibers and shotshell prior to starting, so my thread may not be thorough enough to get you started.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline akclark

• NFOA Full Member
    • CryptoSpace
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
Never reloading nothing.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
The NRA now has a reloading class. Check to see if there are any certified instructors in your area that may hold a class in the near future.
Even if you don't know how, it wouldn't hurt to invest in the equipment now.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
Where are you located?  If you are close, I can show you what I know....... that should take about 5 minutes  :D.

edit: I see in you profile that you are in Minden..... that would be a bit of a drive..... I do get out that way a few times a year, as I have relatives in Wilcox, and stop for gas in Minden.......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:52:15 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
LINCOLN, Neb. ? An ammunition reloading workshop will be held Feb. 20 at the Ak-Sar-Ben Aquarium from 10 a.m.-noon, according to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission.

Gene Krepela will teach shooters how to load their own ammunition for their favorite firearms. Topics covered will include reloading safety, materials needed, basic procedures, and questions and answers.

No reservations are required. The aquarium is located in Schramm Park State Recreation Area south of Gretna. Call (402) 332-3901 for more information.