< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FRIDAY NIGHT ACTION PISTOL  (Read 1225 times)

Offline 4RSC

• NFOA Full Member
FRIDAY NIGHT ACTION PISTOL
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »
We had 16 shooter show up this Friday night for a little pistol action on our indoor range last night. Two of our regular shooters were absent.

We set up 5 IDPA targets at about 10 yards and on the first round we double tap the first two "Brown Bad guys" do a administrative reload, retain the partially loaded mag and prceede to engage the remaining Brown bad guys.
I was a little lazy and did not put my mag in my mag pouch, I opted to put it in my left front pocket. Bet you can't guess where it was when I went to reach for it ?? Yep clear in the bottom of my pocket. Most of the shooters did well on this stage.

The second stage we ran the same target arrangement, except we shoot only using one hand and reload when needed,  The 1911 shooter whined a little but I guess you shoot what you bring to a gun fight !!. Overall times were slow and it was painfully obvious that some of the shooters need to work on some skills.

The third time thru I really messed with them shooters. We shot with our weak hand. What a hoot. Really shows who works on there off hand shooting.  I could not figure out where to put my right thumb, but I managed to finaly figure it out. Only had one guy get a hammer bite ..... Those 1911"s will get you if you dont respect them.

After words most of the regulars meet at the Barrel for burgers and  conversation. Next shoot is in two weeks

4RSC

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: FRIDAY NIGHT ACTION PISTOL
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:11:13 PM »
4RGC Folks:

You are entirely welcome to come to Omaha and open up a satellite branch of 4RGC.

Shooting sessions don't even have to be on Friday evenings, like in Hastings.

SFG
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer