General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Saying adieu to Windstream

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jito463:

--- Quote from: RobertH on December 17, 2018, 07:22:44 AM ---how old is your router/modem?  i have Cable One and i had to get a modem that met certain requirements.  the same with Time Warner, pre-Spectrum.

--- End quote ---

My DSL modem is only 1-2 years old, but is an older model.  However, it's sufficient for Windstream since I never went beyond their 12Mbit package (anything above that requires a bonded DSL connection).  The one for Spectrum I just ordered brand new, and is on their compatibility list for the service I'm ordering.  As for my router, it's plenty capable of handling the new service.

RobertH:

--- Quote from: Jito463 on December 17, 2018, 07:39:46 AM ---My DSL modem is only 1-2 years old, but is an older model.  However, it's sufficient for Windstream since I never went beyond their 12Mbit package (anything above that requires a bonded DSL connection).  The one for Spectrum I just ordered brand new, and is on their compatibility list for the service I'm ordering.  As for my router, it's plenty capable of handling the new service.

--- End quote ---

ok, cool.

i've heard people love their Allo service, however their install subcontractors are idiots.

ILoveCats:
Geez we’ve got Windstream Kinetic and getting upper 30s (Mbps), running three TV boxes and tons of WiFi devices, plus “free” landline phone for under $100 before taxes, and no contract ever.

Never had a problem.  About once every 2-3 weeks if we get a bit of TV pixelation I reboot the modem and TV boxes and that fixes it in under 2 minutes.

Nowadays with the increasing competition, nobody should be forcing consumers into a “contract”.

hilowe:
never dealt with either company you're dealing with (windstream or spectrum), but had almost the exact same experience with Qwest back in the day (before they sold to centurylink).

Had issues with connection on my modem that I bought, plus the once a month phone call to fix a billing issue (they always overbilled me.  I eventually got 4 months free over it because of the repeated phone calls).

So, yeah, like you're expecting.  Helpdesk probably won't be any better.  Just enjoy the lower price and higher speed, and hopefully they don't screw up the bill.

Les:
Some of us in rural areas have no choice but to have windstream, no other option besides satellite, I've been a customer for years.  I'm currently only getting 3meg that I am lucky to get (15k ft from the switch will do that, lol)  Anytime I've had issues, and there have been many, the techs that come out give me a new router.  They tell me if it wasn't for us in the country they wouldn't have jobs.  Allo is pretty good at least in the Lincoln area from folks I know and that spectrum has abysmal CS.  YMMV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version