< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: interesting CC stats  (Read 950 times)

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
interesting CC stats
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »
https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/#info

Scroll down. Not many CC permits in Nebraska.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: interesting CC stats
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »
Three things effect this; first cost, South Dakota has many more because there is a very small cost. Then there is the low population of Nebraska, most of the States with more also have a much larger population. Then finally we do not grant out of state permits, many of the states with more permits do so and people get them to carry in states that their home state permit do not carry. We have about 1/2 of one percent of the population having a permit, I think with some improvement to our laws we could easily hit one percent.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:49:38 AM »
We have about 1/2 of one percent of the population having a permit, I think with some improvement to our laws we could easily hit one percent.
According to that site, we have 4% with a CHP (scroll down to the US map).  If the 55,710 number is correct, then their figures are only slightly off; since 4% would put us at around 1.4 mil population, and according to this site we're sitting at just under 2 mil.  Given that number, we're around to 2.86%.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »
According to that site, we have 4% with a CHP (scroll down to the US map).  If the 55,710 number is correct, then their figures are only slightly off; since 4% would put us at around 1.4 mil population, and according to this site we're sitting at just under 2 mil.  Given that number, we're around to 2.86%.

I should not try to do math in my head with a lack of sleep.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 10:28:08 PM »
I should not try to do math in my head with a lack of sleep.
I hear that.