< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: bump stock ban upheld by Federal court  (Read 1205 times)

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
bump stock ban upheld by Federal court
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
https://thehill.com/regulation/administration/431545-judge-allows-trump-ban-on-rapid-fire-gun-accessories-to-proceed

I wish I had paid more attention to politics back in the early 80's and bought an M16 (or some other machine gun) before the 1986 FOPA. Anyway, what are the chances that this bump stock ruling will end up in SCOTUS? I'll live without one but it sucks regardless. Not many politicians truly believe in the Constitution - we could add judges to that statement also.

The decision followed a public comment period during which hundreds of thousands of responses were received, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) said the change would increase public safety.

That statement could be applied to any firearm.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: bump stock ban upheld by Federal court
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:07:19 AM »
Public safety is no more improved by restricting rate of fire than it would be by taking guns in the first place. This is a people problem not a hardware problem. Looking at all the shootings in the country in one year how many VERIFIABLY involved a device that "increased the rate of fire"? I am guessing far fewer than didn't involve one.
"But we have to induce panic and hysteria to promote our agenda so we can get what we want!"
Isn't that how millions ultimately lost their lives in the 1940's? Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

I hope this does make it to SCOTUS and that we have enough brave souls on the bench there who truly understand and follow the Constitution so we can stem the tide.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »
Public safety my ass .... we have a greater chance of death in a car from a drunk driver then getting shot on any given day .. but i bet we don't go back to horses .. and they all ready did the Prohibition thing lol
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 07:56:29 AM »
Don't worry it isn't over.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official