< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Worth your time  (Read 556 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Worth your time
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Worth your time
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
He asked "Why does that flame burn so bright inside of you?"

I have to say it is the first 18 years of my life that made me understand the price of surrendering your firearms. My father was active duty military and we lived overseas twice. In that time I saw what was done to this world when people are stripped of their right to keep and bear arms.

I walked through a concentration camp and that place will forever be etched in my mind. I remember how quiet it was on a beautiful sunny day. I remember the buildings, I remember the pictures taken in each building when the camp was liberated.

I toured the border of Yugoslavia where they said the fence was there to keep us out but everything pointed in to toward the people it was supposedly protecting. The mine field was on their side. The barbed wire top leaned into their country but not toward ours. The bridges were blown up so traffic couldn't cross.

I saw what happens when a government first takes away a peoples right to defend themselves and then commits atrocities against those same people. I cannot let that happen here just because someone is scared to face their feelings and stand up for themselves.

Gun violence is just like any other violence it is not a problem with the instrument it is a problem with the person who commits it. When the people are no longer restrained but are willing to stand up and say no violence is diminished. We will always have violence because we are humans and some are just "wired that way". But it is a poor artist who blames his tools and we should not blame the tools for a failure of our society to train up our children to respect others, and themselves, and follow the Golden Rule, the real one not the false version about having gold.

That's my two sense.
Thanks for posting that Les.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan