< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shooting ranges open to public, omaha, lincoln  (Read 2445 times)

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
Shooting ranges open to public, omaha, lincoln
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:33:04 PM »
The wife and I are planning a long weekend for our anniversary, memorial weekend.

She suggested going shooting during the day.

Where can a guy and his wife from out of town shoot??

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Shooting ranges open to public, omaha, lincoln
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »
Well, Let's See:

The Markman in Waterloo.
88 Tactical on Hwy 370.
Inner 10, N. 90th
Omaha Gun Club, 84th and Center
The Bullet Hole, in LaVista.

Above locations are approximate.   For fine tuning, Google "Shooting Ranges Omaha" which will provide websites and maps.

Coupla things:

>True Gentlemen do not outscore their wives at the range.
>Only Faithful Husbands should teach their wives how to shoot.

Enjoy.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
Thank you

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
The wife and I are planning a long weekend for our anniversary, memorial weekend.

She suggested going shooting during the day.

Where can a guy and his wife from out of town shoot??
Can't speak for Omaha (though apparently SFG has that covered), but in Lincoln there's:
Big Shots (never shot there yet) - 399 Sun Valley Blvd.
Thunder Alley (my preference) - 4713 Hartley St.
Game & Parks (a.k.a. Nebraska Outdoor Education Center) - 4703 N. 44th St.
DE Guns (outdoor range) - 252 N 134th St.

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »
Big Shots in Lincoln is fantastic.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 03:32:01 AM »
Big Shots is where I shoot.

I have issues with deguns.  Haven't darkened their door since the NFOA meeting was moved to Omaha Gun Club last time.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »
StuartJ:  Just wondering, what store policy bothers you?  Surely, its not an employee's personal belief that has you upset? Which rights in the Constitution are you willing to protect and which ones need to be ignored?  And, lastly if it is the latter, do you vet each and every business you go to, to make sure that all employees meet your requirements of beliefs?  You do not have to agree with a persons belief, but to punish others who hold the same belief as you do, seems wrong.  Not starting an argument, just wondering.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »
i think it comes to Freedom of Choice . and lets leave this at that ...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 01:56:49 PM »
Just wondering, what store policy bothers you?
Not trying to speak for Stuart, and I don't want to derail this thread, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents real quick.  For me, it's not so much about the employee in question, but rather the owner's unwillingness to make any kind of public statement on the matter.  If he had gone on record as saying that he didn't support those views, but wasn't willing to fire a (presumably) trustworthy employee over them, I would have found that an acceptable response.

As it is, he chose instead to take all online social presences down and bury his head in the sand, presumably hoping it would just blow over.  That was a cowardly act in my opinion, and leaves me wondering how much he may agree with those ideas that led to the change of venue.

Offline sh68137

• NFOA Full Member
  • NRA Lifer
"Only slaves need permission."--SGH

Offline ejdaigle1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 05:07:08 PM »
I know this may be a bit far but in Grand Island they have awesome public range set up.  Pistol, mid range and decently long range (600 yards). fun time and not expensive.  East Nebraska Gun Club is good too on the eastern side of the state.  These are both outdoor ranges, I prefer outdoor shooting, but The range in Waterloo is awesome for the Omaha metro area.  The Bullet Hole is functional. both have a decent amount of guns that you can rent to shoot.  But I recommend the outdoor ranges. 

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 10:52:54 AM »
He has a right to his speech and I have a right not to shop there.  Anyway they are over priced, everyone in Lincoln is. And they need to enter this century, actually answer emails and keep web site updated.  The only thing they have going is the free icecream and coffee. But I'm lactose intolerant and don't drink coffee.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 06:14:23 PM »
I started using Inner10 (on Military just east of 90th in Omaha) two years ago. It's a new, clean, 25 yard range with computer controlled target carriers. They have a reasonable collection of rental guns. (I have rented a S&W M&P Bodyguard 380, a Ruger LCR and, yesterday, a Sig P365.)

Three years ago, when I was shopping for a 9 mm pistol, I thought DE Guns was significantly cheaper than the places I checked in Omaha. I finally bought from Guns Unlimited after persuading myself that the cost of a round trip to Lincoln ate up enough of the difference to justify patronizing a local store.

Nebraska is an employment at will state. That is, your employer can fire you for any reason not prohibited by civil rights laws or for no reason at all. Behavior off the job that would reflect badly on your employer's reputation has always been an acceptable reason. In my opinion, NFOA was wise to reject DE Guns as a site for last year's annual meeting. The online behavior of one of its senior employees would have reflected badly on the NFOA and would have been used against us by anti-gunners. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't buy my 9 mm from them.