< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Target shooting at WMAs  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Fat_Caveman

• Forum Member
Target shooting at WMAs
« on: May 08, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »
I cant seem to get a clear answer on whether or not it's okay to go target shooting at Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs). specifically Black Island WMA. The Public Access Atlas says it is okay to target shoot and I don't see any other rules or regulations about not Target shooting there but I would hate to get into any trouble. If any of you have any experience at target shooting at WMAs please let me know what I should be on the look out for. -Thanks

Offline rnbones

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Target shooting at WMAs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 03:15:19 PM »
I believe that most of the WMAs are NOT open to target shooting. I know in my area (Grand Island) the WMAs are marked with signs saying "No target shooting. The exception is Bassway Strip south of Gibbon.
If you can read this thank a teacher, because it is in English thank a soldier.

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Target shooting at WMAs
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 07:41:41 PM »
Call your local Game Warden and he will be able to tell you one way or the other.  He may even know a place to shoot beside there.  Our problem is the IDIOTS that misuse the sites and causes G & P to ban target shooting.  The one by Palmyra was nice until it was trashed with empty shells, torn targets, empty beer cans ( it weighs about 1 pound full and 1/10th of that empty, why can't they carry them out) and other trash was left there.  It didn't help with the guy shooting himself after a harmless beverage or two.