< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tyrannical New York  (Read 746 times)

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Tyrannical New York
« on: July 01, 2019, 02:32:49 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-man-faces-illegal-weapons-charges-after-killing-2-burglars-in-his-home

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/06/12/ny-homeowner-charged-felony-home-seized-killing-2-home-invasion/

Since I hadn't seen anything posted here about it, thought I'd mention the 64 year old man in NY who is currently facing felony charges after defending himself during a home invasion/robbery.  You might (understandably) think that the charges were because of the two dead criminals, but you'd be sorely mistaken.  No, poor Ronald is facing felony charges because the gun he used to protect his life wasn't registered in his name.  It was legally bought - and registered - by his father, and was left to him when his father passed away; he just never got the registration changed to his name.

So now he's in jail, being charged with a felony for what the county DA says is typically a misdemeanor.
This in spite of a statement from Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara, who stated that it’s unusual to charge such a person with a felony:

"McNamara said his office typically prosecutes unregistered guns where the homeowner is present as misdemeanors, and not felonies. The first priority is to get the gun registered, he said. It’s not unusual for a family member to die and the gun gets passed onto a relative who doesn’t register it right away."

To top if off, the driver of the getaway vehicle - a third criminal who wasn't in the house - has been arrested but not charged with a single crime, because she's "cooperating".  And despite the fact that Ronald had cooperated also, he didn't get any such consideration.  The state of NY wants to take another law abiding citizen who was just protecting himself, and make him into a criminal so they can push their anti-gun agenda.  Despicable!

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Tyrannical New York
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
Words fail me  :(

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:57:47 AM »
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »
NY and it's baby brother NJ
https://gatdaily.com/lawmaker-moves-to-outlaw-suppressors-authorize-buy-back/

This is rich:
Sen. Bob Menendez last week announced his plan to introduce what he terms the Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act

Ironic, given that one of the main selling point of suppressors is to help protect hearing from the noise of guns.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »
Ironic, given that one of the main selling point of suppressors is to help protect hearing from the noise of guns.

Didn't you know that only criminals use suppressors, machine guns, and bump stocks as well as other firearms and accessories?   :laugh:
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
Didn't you know that only criminals use suppressors, machine guns, and bump stocks as well as other firearms and accessories?   :laugh:

If the government had their way, only criminals would use them.