< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How to Measure a Firearm?  (Read 815 times)

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: How to Measure a Firearm?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:11:43 PM »
Unless you manufacture a firearm, should you care? Just asking. When I purchase I firearm from an FFL I have a reasonable expectation that it complies with the law.(?)
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »
It matters if you make any changes.  Simply adding a vertical grip can change a pistol to a AOW which is regulated under NFA. 

There are a lot of simple seemingly inconsequential changes that can take a firearm from legal to illegal in the eyes of the ATF.

John K

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 01:00:10 AM »
It matters if you make any changes.  Simply adding a vertical grip can change a pistol to a AOW which is regulated under NFA. 

There are a lot of simple seemingly inconsequential changes that can take a firearm from legal to illegal in the eyes of the ATF.

John K
I almost ran afoul of that recently, myself.  I'm looking at getting a pistol carbine and was considering a vertical grip for it until someone thankfully pointed out that it would then become an AOW, and I'd have to register it or inadvertently break the law.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 12:29:07 PM »
***STOP WRITING LETTERS TO THE ATF ASKING QUESTIONS!***

when you write a letter it opens the door for them to restrict our Rights without any Due Process or ability to block it.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 07:05:35 AM »

***STOP WRITING LETTERS TO THE ATF ASKING QUESTIONS!***

when you write a letter it opens the door for them to restrict our Rights without any Due Process or ability to block it.

YES !!!!