< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: fox news poll on guns  (Read 649 times)

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
fox news poll on guns
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-most-back-gun-restrictions-after-shootings-trump-ratings-down

"An equal number, 56 percent, place a great deal of blame for mass shootings on easy access to guns....."

If this is true then there are a lot of uniformed gun owners out there. How can they say that guns are easy to get? It's not like buying a candy bar or computer. As for a lot of this polling "data", it's based mostly on perception or emotion rather than fact. Yeah, we "need" more laws to make people feel "secure".
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Re: fox news poll on guns
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 11:47:09 AM »
If I may paraphrase an old saying, 'If poll results were horses, then beggars would ride'.

I trust these polls as much as I trust a Dem who says "I'm a gun owner, but......".

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
Unfortunately, there are a lot of sheep out there that believes this nonsense. Even if the poll was accurate, just wait a month or 2 and the polling numbers will dramatically change.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »
During the last election, according to the polls Hilliary was going to win.  I think that is a good indication of how accurate polls are.

John K