< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Walmart joins culture war against 2nd Amendment (Bans all Handgun ammo and more)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
So today Walmart has joined in on the culture war against American freedom and the American Constitution leaving the impression that their view of the 2nd Amendment is that it is only meant for hunting and sport and not self defense or the defense of liberty...

Walmart bans lawful open carry, ALL Handgun ammunition, ALL Handgun sales in Alaska (last state where Walmart sold handguns) ALL shortbarrel rifle ammunition (.223&5.56 as well as other ammo capable of being used in "military style rifles")

Walmart CEO calls on Congress and the White House to enact red flag laws, universal background checks and for a renewed debate on the "assault weapons ban".

Read all of it here:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html?&qsearchterm=Walmart%20memo

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/walmart-plans-to-dramatically-step-back-from-gun-sales-after-horrific-shootings.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/beto-orourke-says-more-gun-control-is-needed-after-walmart-cuts-ammo-sales.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/nra-slams-walmart-after-retailer-cuts-gun-and-ammo-sales.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:01:29 PM by DanClrk51 »

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
So that begs the question: Should gun owners/2nd Amendment supporters/NFOA members/NRA Members boycott Walmart altogether, or should we just boycott the remaining hunting/sporting supplies and hunting ammo that they sell?

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
i say make stickers that say "crazy people don't stop for no guns allowed signs and they can buy ammo at any gun store or even online"   ... and stick um on the doors  every day till they change  lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:01:31 PM by m morton »
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
I wouldnt push the " buy ammo online" to much, no need to wave that in there face,

as far as the open carry ban.   ive seen videos of some who push way to hard that it is a right.    wearing a plate carrier and a AR slung across your chest. to me is just a little to "In your face"  hell. I even pay extra attention to people who would do that.

seems to me all they ask is you wear a shirt over the pistol,  since it is there business they can ask what they want.  you can still cnceal carry. and you dont upset the soccer moms that way.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Like one article stated, this action by WalMart doesn't make shopping at WalMart or anywhere else any safer. I don't buy any firearms merchandise at WalMart anyway. Most of my business at WalMart is groceries. I wish we had a SuperTarget here but I'll have to make do with the other grocery stores around here even though my grocery bill will end up being higher. Ain't much point shopping at an anti-2A business. Gotta push back at the bullies.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
 someone posted a question on facebook

since they are stopping gun and ammo sales because of a few.(yes they are serious)  shootings,   then are they going to stop selling booze because of so many drunk drivers killing way more people?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
as far as the open carry ban.   ive seen videos of some who push way to hard that it is a right.    wearing a plate carrier and a AR slung across your chest. to me is just a little to "In your face"  hell. I even pay extra attention to people who would do that.
Agreed, a pistol is one thing, full body armor with a long rifle over your shoulder is something else entirely.  There's no reason to go to that extreme unless you know you're going somewhere unsafe (and then you'd better have a really good reason for going there in the first place).

seems to me all they ask is you wear a shirt over the pistol,  since it is there business they can ask what they want.  you can still cnceal carry. and you dont upset the soccer moms that way.
Except that not everyone has the time or money (or the desire) to go through the hoops required to get a conceal carry license.  For those people, I can see reasons to open carry a pistol.

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
I wish we had a SuperTarget here but I'll have to make do with the other grocery stores around here even though my grocery bill will end up being higher. Ain't much point shopping at an anti-2A business. Gotta push back at the bullies.

https://corporate.target.com/article/2014/07/target-addresses-firearms-in-stores

"we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law."

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
They must like being a soft target.  :D

Offline 402.308

• I'm a Proud GOA Life Member, NRA Endowment Member, &
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Pro-Gun Woman
    • Gun Owners of America
They must like being a soft target.  :D

I quit shopping at Target a long time ago because of their anti-gun crap and for various other reasons, one of them being: I don't want a man legally following me into one of their restrooms.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2019/09/03/mcmillon-to-associates-our-next-steps-in-response-to-the-tragedies-in-el-paso-and-southaven

Let us all reach out to this CEO of Walmart, Doug McMillon
https://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/leadership/executive-management/doug-mcmillon/,
via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/walmart),
Twitter (https://twitter.com/Walmart),
or email and snail mail.

Chief Executive
Doug McMillon
President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
702 SW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72716
Doug.McMillon@wal-mart.com

You know the leftists are out there bombarding these companies with harassment, threats and bullying tactics.
Let's take the high road and approach these companies with calm, respectful, reason and logic to present our side as gun owners.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/walmart/

Walmart mailing address:

702 SW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72716

Phone Contacts:
Main: (479) 273-4000
Toll Free: (800) 925-6278

Executive Contacts:

Additional contact info for Walmart Executive Office: executive.communications@wal-mart.com
Walmart Executive Escalations: CACSSEE@wal-mart.com

Mark Ibbotson
Executive Vice President of Central Operations, Walmart U.S.
702 SW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72716
Mark.Ibbotson@wal-mart.com

Secondary Contact
Janey Whiteside
Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer, Walmart U.S.
702 SW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72716
Janey.Whiteside@wal-mart.com

Greg Foran
President and Chief Executive Officer of Walmart U.S.
702 SW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72716
Greg.Foran@wal-mart.com
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:42:06 AM by 402.308 »
"...and let him who has no sword sell his tunic and buy one."
                         ~Jesus to the Apostles (Luke 22:36)

https://gunowners.org/latest-news

Gun Owners Foundation: https://www.gunowners.com
Donate when you shop on smile.amazon.com!

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
A Wal-Mart in Kentucky has banned a man nationwide from all stores, just for open carrying a handgun in their store.  They not only called the cops on him, then banned him, but they also made him sign a document affirming that he knows he's banned from all stores.  This despite them (allegedly) not having any signs up stating one cannot open carry.

Personally, I'd carry that as a badge of honor.  Maybe even make up a bumper sticker promoting that.

"I was banned from all Wal-Marts for legally and safely carrying"

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
I wonder what they would have done if the guy refused to sign the document. I'd be on the phone to my lawyer first. What happened to that guy was an overreaction. Anyway, I've already stopped shopping at WalMart. There's plenty of other places to shop even though others are saying they don't want OC in their store either. No problem, I CC.  Until they post no weapons signs altogether.  If so, I'll have to do all of my shopping online or by proxy. Anyway, I always like to watch Colion's videos.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Walmart and others are a symptom of a social attitude rather than a cause. Today, I came across this article about overprotected children: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-overprotected-kid?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Although the article was directed at children, the attitude it describes has become valid for adults, too. Modern people have become as obsessed with safety as the Victorians were about sex. The goal is to wrap everyone in protective padding so that it's impossible for them to injure themselves. Banning firearms, because they can do harm if misused, is an example. So are self-driving automobiles (which aren't as safe as their advocates claim.) I wonder when they will get around to motor racing (which has become much safer since the cars have been turned into padded cells on wheels), skiing (sliding down a mountain on a pair of 1x4s doesn't strike me as very safe), horseback riding (you're trusting your life to an animal several times your size and strength) and pet dogs bigger than a toy poodle (no more German shepherds, etc.)

The "safety first" mantra reminds me of the definition of an efficiency expert -- someone who knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing. I also remember a naval aviator's distinction between dangerous and unsafe. Something is unsafe if your only protection is dumb luck. A dangerous activity isn't unsafe provided you understand its failure points and take effective precautions against them. Guns qualify as dangerous but, as long as you adhere to the four basic safety rules, they aren't unsafe.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:52:18 PM by Kendahl »

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Deeper down the rabbit hole it goes.  Turns out Wal-Mart is in cahoots with Bloomberg and Everytown for Gun Safety, which is seemingly why they introduced the recent ban on open carry.  They're a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, in conjunction with Everytown.  It appears like this has been in the works for a while, and the recent shootings just gave them an excuse.  Skip to 2:30 if you just want the specifics without the preamble.

The goal is to wrap everyone in protective padding so that it's impossible for them to injure themselves. Banning firearms, because they can do harm if misused, is an example. So are self-driving automobiles (which aren't as safe as their advocates claim.) I wonder when they will get around to motor racing (which has become much safer since the cars have been turned into padded cells on wheels), skiing (sliding down a mountain on a pair of 1x4s doesn't strike me as very safe), horseback riding (you're trusting your life to an animal several times your size and strength) and pet dogs bigger than a toy poodle (no more German shepherds, etc.)

Or as I like to call it, the Nanny State Syndrome.

The "safety first" mantra reminds me of the definition of an efficiency expert -- someone who knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing. I also remember a naval aviator's distinction between dangerous and unsafe. Something is unsafe if your only protection is dumb luck. A dangerous activity isn't unsafe provided you understand its failure points and take effective precautions against them. Guns qualify as dangerous but, as long as you adhere to the four basic safety rules, they aren't unsafe.
Very good distinction, and one well worth repeating.  Crossing the street is inherently "dangerous", but it's not necessarily unsafe if you follow the laws and common sense.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
Have Walmart or CVS in Nebraska posted no weapons signs? I haven't been to either lately.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
Haven't been recently, however last week in Hastings a individual was told to leave the store because he was open carrying.

The wife of one of the contractors I was working with witnessed it, said she didn't even realize the individual was armed until store personnel asked him to leave.

John K

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Open carry has been argued a lot on this forum but I still hold the opinion that it does two things:
1) gives the Left a poster child of irresponsible gun ownership, i.e., who but a nut would openly carry a firearm in a store.  Despite all the publicity about shootings, MOST people have never been witness of a mass shooting, or any shooting at all, and would consider carrying a gun in public foolish and/or irresponsible.  Some businesses are so hysterical that even a uniformed police officer on duty and stopping by for lunch or shopping is refused entry because they are armed.  But, those folks may just hate cops.

2)  OC makes you a target of thugs who would hit you in the head from behind when you least expect it and steal your weapon while you lay on the ground unconscious.   THAT is the #1 reason why I could never OC.

IOW, is he carrying or not?  Keep'm guessing or never suspecting.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
It used to be honest men wore their handguns openly while scoundrels concealed them.  I'm not disagreeing that its a band idea in this society to open carry. Only place I open carry is the gun range.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason