< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Trump will not support expanded background checks. HR8.  (Read 868 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Trump will not support expanded background checks. HR8.
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:28:07 AM »
  from Breitbart news, Trump will not support HR8 the house bill on expanded background checks,

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/16/report-trump-will-not-support-universal-background-check-bill/
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Trump will not support expanded background checks. HR8.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:03:25 AM »
Never sure exactly where he stands on 2A so this is good to hear.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 03:40:31 PM »
Never sure exactly where he stands on 2A so this is good to hear.
One of several reasons why I can't bring myself to support Trump; but as you said, it's good news.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 01:17:05 PM »
I watched part of Minnesota rally, he claimed in it he will defend the 2nd amendment. I pointed out in chat he already banned bumpstocks and has been quoted as supporting red flag laws.   I'm neither a never Trumper nor a Trump cultist.  I'll support him when I believe he's right and won't when he isn't.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.”
-- Theodore Roosevelt

“My country, right or wrong,” is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, “My mother, drunk or sober.”
-- G.K. Chesterton, The Defendant
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason