< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Customer goes bezerk at Southpointe Chikfila  (Read 1342 times)

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Customer goes bezerk at Southpointe Chikfila
« on: October 08, 2019, 05:31:27 PM »
https://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-uniformed-bnsf-officer-shoots-kills-disgruntled-customer-who-crashed/article_27ff4ec4-a962-531c-a636-0eda6cf3f423.html

Police: Uniformed BNSF officer shoots, kills disgruntled customer who crashed into SouthPointe Chick-fil-A

* When police arrived, a uniformed BNSF Railway senior special agent was performing life-saving efforts on the man who was shot.

* The man who was shot was armed -- police wouldn't say with what -- and made threatening statements to the special agent before he was shot.

* Lincoln police have had no previous contact with the man who caused the disturbance and was shot. A search warrant is being served at his residence in south Lincoln.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Customer goes bezerk at Southpointe Chikfila
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 08:36:49 PM »
The video on 10/11’s website is nuts. Guy jumped out of the pickup after crashing through the front, then started punching the crap out of the lemonade machine.  I know this is cold but as soon as I saw that, part of me thought “good riddance” and was glad that he’s no longer a threat to my wife and kids.  Whether he was crazy or just a world-class jack***, I really don’t care.

The guy who shot him being an officer, this will be open and shut quickly. 
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 10:20:54 PM »
The weird thing is the perp according to reports from LPD, apparently has no history of this type or interaction with law enforcement, so it was unusual  for a 1st offense to be so violent. Or is it?

Don't know about possible juvenile records that may have been expunged
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »
The weird thing is the perp according to reports from LPD, apparently has no history of this type or interaction with law enforcement, so it was unusual  for a 1st offense to be so violent. Or is it?

Don't know about possible juvenile records that may have been expunged

Gotta be careful with that. That’s easy for them to say but it’s just one measure of jackassness. (jackassity?)  Remember when you were growing up there was always THAT GUY nobody could stand to be around during football or basketball games because he was the loud, foul mouth know-it-all? He probably had no record of “this sort of thing” either but everyone knew he was a narcissistic jerk, unable to control his emotions.

Leftists love the idea of “the ordinary guy who just snaps” but that’s a myth.  The reality is that violent people are highly aberrant individuals who are usually a long way from being Ward and/or June Cleaver.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 07:50:32 AM »
One weird part of that article, while it starts out saying that he was armed and the police wouldn't say with what, it later goes on to describe that the guy was armed with a taser.  That sounds like agenda driven reporting, stating someone was armed while burying further down that it wasn't a firearm.

Not saying he didn't deserve to get shot, based on his actions and that he used the taser to attack the BNSF officer, but more a criticism of the article's author.  Even I initially thought it meant he had a firearm, until I read the rest of the article.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out what kind of weirdo would be disgruntled at Chik Fil A.  I love that place, even if my cholesterol count doesn't.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 08:42:43 PM »
Good guy with a gun...just sayin...

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 09:54:40 PM »
He had mental problems and was a troubled soul.  He didn't appear to have an agenda or make a political statement, as so many crazies do these days.
https://beatricedailysun.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/a-day-before-crashing-pickup-into-chick-fil-a-man/article_6fa5f072-b5b4-5dce-9990-a1897a3ead11.html

Just hours before his rampage he posted this on Twitter:
"One tweet ... at 5:21 a.m., seven hours before Cimino walked into the restaurant, reads: “You can’t win. I regret nothing. It’s just a f---ing chicken sandwich."

That's what he shouted at the restaurant. 

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
It was reported on Fri, he had mentioned the day before that he wanted someone to kill him.  Guess he got his wish, too bad he had to make everyone around him have a bad day too.  Sad.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »
I was on the way there when I saw the police and firedepartment, I canceled my app order and left the area. Wasn't until I got home (after stopping at the other CFA)  that I saw my sister had posted about what happened. She was concerned I may have been in the middle of it. I wasn't.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason