< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: be careful traveling  (Read 818 times)

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
be careful traveling
« on: December 22, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/hidden-cameras-are-you-being-watched

There are a few smartphone apps for detecting cameras. I can't testify to their effectiveness just yet. But this is a growing problem. It's a constant battle to have some amount of privacy.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline f1fanatic

• NFOA Full Member
Re: be careful traveling
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
   Interesting article. Takes no stretch of the imagination at all to realize we are living under constant surveillance. I was looking into the app to detect hidden cameras and nearly all the reviews are foreign names. I know one thing about smart phones, every app you load onto them exposes you to more spying. You literally give all your rights away to hackers and scammers when you agree to give these parties access to your phone. And it's been stated we carry more personal information on our phones than anywhere else.
   Not trying to knock your post at all, just the opposite. I think it's very important that we all reshape our conscious awareness to account for this new technological era.
   I read an article just recently that a Homeland Security Agency, can't remember which one, has grounded all 800 of it's drones, and has been ordered not to procure any more or supporting hardware/software for the potential Chinese Spying that is almost certainly being integrated into this tech.