< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Texas church shooting,  (Read 1020 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Texas church shooting,
« on: December 29, 2019, 05:36:33 PM »
  Video of Texas Church shooting.   first guy show wasnt fast enough, but he tried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NzuGSkL2E&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2W5LhXW3eoxM4Ty8Lt8QNxdfvfp0NZzsub9Bz_hivZfKNG0e9-bk62CgA
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Texas church shooting,
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:26:58 PM »
Sad occurrence but it would've been much worse if there hadn't been a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy. It's prohibited carry in Nebraska churches unless the church authorizes it (that's my understanding).
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »
It's prohibited carry in Nebraska churches unless the church authorizes it (that's my understanding).
Correct, the pastor/board/elders can authorize a security group in the church who are allowed to carry, but it's otherwise prohibited.  Thankfully, my pastor teaches conceal carry, so he's perfectly fine with us carrying on the premises.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 09:34:40 AM »
Could have been much worse, every Pastor and Church board member should study this video.
Plus nice shootin Tex!
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 11:14:02 AM »
Biden thinks it's irrational for the Texas government to allow legal church carry. I'll bet when he goes to church that he'll have armed security.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/12/30/biden-called-law-allowing-armed-volunteers-in-tx-churches-irrational/
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 01:28:55 PM »
arm chair qb here, but, if that first defender would of un-holstered from the seated position and used the pew as cover , or at least wait to stand till he was ready to shoot back, he may of got a shot off.. but his standing up and then reaching behind his back for his gun with 0 cover, made him the next target. he had his gun in hand and was just raising his arm to shoot when he got shot... if he would of un holstered then stood up or even aimed from the seated position he may of got the bad guy ?

I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »
Biden thinks it's irrational for the Texas government to allow legal church carry. I'll bet when he goes to church that he'll have armed security.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/12/30/biden-called-law-allowing-armed-volunteers-in-tx-churches-irrational/

if the good guy were all disarmed more people would of been shot for sure ... why do politicians all ways think BAD guys will follow the law... this ass hat will never get my vote , not like he was ever in the running to get it any ways ... but ...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Texas church shooting
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »
And, of course, the anti-gun people/organizations are having a difficult time dealing with the fact that good guys with a gun did the necessary and right thing. From what I've seen, a lot more people would have died trying to disarm the bad guy. Maybe if someone had a taser? Who knows? Not many of us would be carrying a taser with a handgun even though the police are doing that. Kinda hard to maintain concealment when carrying "options", though.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/12/30/antigun-leader-uh-the-church-shooter-couldve-been-disarmed-without-shooting-him-n2558682

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 10:41:31 AM »
another story on this i found this morning
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inside-a-texas-church-guns-bibles-and-a-spirited-firearms-debate/ar-BBYtmdR?li=BBnbcA1

EDIT _______
added another link, this story says the man was fed by the church
 "We’ve helped him on several occasions with food Pastor Britt Farmer told The Christian Chronicle"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-church-had-fed-gunman-who-opened-fire-during-service-was-watching-him-before-rampage/ar-BBYv8vE?li=BBnb7Kz
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:39:13 AM by m morton »