< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: second amendment sanctuaries  (Read 1551 times)

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
second amendment sanctuaries
« on: January 03, 2020, 09:32:17 PM »
Maybe we should join the movement and establish second amendment sanctuaries in Nebraska? Like a lot of 2A news articles and videos are saying: Don't be complacent or you'll risk becoming another Virginia or NY or NJ or CA or etc.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: second amendment sanctuaries
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 09:13:01 AM »
I would settle for a large turnout at a gun bill hearing at the Unicameral.  Even easier ... I would settle for more than the usual 10 or less volunteers to sit at our table at a Gun Show or the upcoming Deer Expo in Lincoln. 

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »
I would settle for a large turnout at a gun bill hearing at the Unicameral.  Even easier ... I would settle for more than the usual 10 or less volunteers to sit at our table at a Gun Show or the upcoming Deer Expo in Lincoln.

If I were living on that side of the state or single I'd try to make it to such events.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 12:24:11 PM »
If I were living on that side of the state or single I'd try to make it to such events.

EEL.   mabye get a table at a gun show out there, they can send you a package of flyers to help recruit people from that end of the state,  you dont have to travel to help.   mabye get ahold of your member of the unicameral, and talk with him out there,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 11:40:24 AM »
  EEL.   mabye get a table at a gun show out there, they can send you a package of flyers to help recruit people from that end of the state,  you dont have to travel to help.   mabye get ahold of your member of the unicameral, and talk with him out there,

I get together with some ham radio friends 3 times a week, most are gun owners, and we discuss issues like this. And I have written to my unicameral rep but I never hear back from him - same for Sasse. Anyway, it wouldn't be a bad idea to establish second amendment sanctuaries along with writing to our reps and educating people about gun rights. I'm doing what I can. But, I'm surprised that there isn't more activity at this website. I visit another pro-gun website where there is a lot of daily activity.

Offline NoStep

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 09:21:52 AM »
I think it’s a great idea. GOA has model ordinances that can be provided to reps.

https://gunownersaction.org/saso/

Offline Spearsman

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 05:06:19 AM »
Do all reps not already have materials like that?