< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: mccollister enters a gun grabbill  (Read 1596 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
mccollister enters a gun grabbill
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:19:06 PM »
  this is so badly written,   

belt fed is any firearm that Utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to
2 extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round;
who the hell wrote this?

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/FloorDocs/106/PDF/Intro/LB816.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3VywvDzCdT7HNBAeStibGtSL3Gw7VabWo6g6JgrZcfNVJFT6rAiEv7hFc
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
Re: mccollister enters a gun grabbill
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 03:57:37 PM »
I agree, how about this description of a pistol grip?

"A pistol grip, forward grip, or any other grip or stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon in such a way that any finger on the trigger hand, in addition to the trigger finger, would be directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing"

The definition of a barrel shroud would include all free float tubes.

I am not sure what firearms would not need to have a certificate similar to the pistol purchase permit under this bill.

John K

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 05:16:23 PM »
Why don't they simplify firearms law by saying that if you murder, injure or assault someone with a firearm you go to jail? Why have all this regulation? The answer is: people control. I read some of the legislation and it just baffles me that it "has" to be so long-winded.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:30:10 PM by eelstrebor1 »
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 06:41:26 PM »
  this is so badly written,   

belt fed is any firearm that Utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to
who the hell wrote this?

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/FloorDocs/106/PDF/Intro/LB816.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3VywvDzCdT7HNBAeStibGtSL3Gw7VabWo6g6JgrZcfNVJFT6rAiEv7hFc

That line appears to be part of a conjunctive list.

31 (3) Belt-fed means any repeating firearm that:
1 (a) Utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to
3 (b) Requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge;
4 and
5 (c) Has the capacity to accept a belt ammunition feeding device;

The "and" means it must meet all three requirements.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 10:52:43 PM »
Some interesting things I see from this bill.  First off, it would make long rifles and shotguns fall under the same restriction as handguns, in that you would have to get a purchase permit to buy one.  Interestingly, they decided that the NSP should become the ATF, and define the list of regulated firearms.  I thought making law was their job, not the job of the State Patrol, but I digress.
Sec. 4. (1) On or before January 1, 2021, the Nebraska State Patrol shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations creating a list of commonly-available semiautomatic rifles, semiautomatic shotguns, parts, combinations of parts, components, devices, attachments, and accessories that qualify as designated firearms. The rules and regulations shall be updated at least annually.
Also, they want to require all purchases at gun shows to be authorized by a licensed dealer, even if the seller is an individual.
Sec. 22. (1) At any gun show there shall be present a dealer licensed pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 923. Any sale, purchase, or other transfer of a designated firearm occurring at the gun show shall be reviewed or conducted by the dealer to ensure compliance with the Firearm Transfer Certificate Act.10
(2) A person selling, purchasing, or otherwise transferring a designated firearm in violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class I misdemeanor. As a part of the judgment of conviction, the court may order the confiscation of the designated firearm.
(3) A person sponsoring, organizing, or managing a gun show that does not comply with subsection (1) of this section shall be guilty of a Class IV felony.17
(4) For purposes of this section, gun show means any event at which fifty or more firearms or designated firearms are offered or exhibited for sale, exchange, or transfer. The term gun show does not include an offer or exhibit of firearms or designated firearms for sale, exchange, or transfer by an individual from the personal collection of that individual, at the private residence of that individual, if the individual is not required to be licensed under 18 U.S.C. 923, as such section existed on January 1, 2020.

Offline NoStep

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 01:13:48 AM »
Unbelievable and very disappointing that he is my senator.

Offline ClintHouston

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:21:20 PM »
Paid Off by Bloomberg! Quid Pro ???? TURNCOAT
"Arms are the only true badge of Liberty. The Possession of Arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." AF

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 06:28:09 PM »
Unbelievable and very disappointing that he is my senator.

X2 ???

McCollister is the Mitt Romney of the Nebraska State Legislature.

sfg
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:33:02 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer