< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Red Flag Law is now in the hopper  (Read 917 times)

Offline f1fanatic

• NFOA Full Member

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Red Flag Law is now in the hopper
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »
If it becomes law, don't be human and get angry about anything or do anything to make someone angry at you. This legislation will make it way too easy to be red flagged and it'll be very difficult to prove that you never intended harm if you do something like bang your fist on a table over frustration about something.  The main problems with this legislation is that they'll take your guns without due process and there's no provision requiring that the state have you evaluated by a psychiatrist at taxpayers expense. It's just a gun grab and doesn't solve the social issue. It has been mentioned several times that if the government was truly interested in safety they would have the person in question detained and evaluated because a "dangerous" person will still have access to other weapons and potential weapons. But, there are issues around that action, also, depending on the evaluators opinion about the right to keep and bear arms or what type of arms are OK, etc.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:33:46 PM by eelstrebor1 »
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 06:58:20 AM »
If this were anything less than a gun grab, and they were truly trying to solve the problem, then they would also be doing more to enforce drunk driving laws, require registration and training to own a knife of any length, and a myriad of other things that kill more people each year than guns.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 02:28:44 PM »
This was introduced LAST SESSION!!
It's a carryover this year.  I believe it's still stuck in committee??
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 02:36:37 PM »
This was introduced LAST SESSION!!
It's a carryover this year.  I believe it's still stuck in committee??

It is still in Committee.  It can either be voted out, or Morfeld can make it his priority bill.  As of today, no priority bills have been named.