< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: anyone watching the Kung Flue?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
anyone watching the Kung Flue?
« on: January 27, 2020, 03:18:12 PM »
 with all the talk about china, wonder what everyone thinks about it.

part is worried about it spreading

other part is the economy.  today.  3M has shut down all there plants in china.  will all the crap that we buy from china,  look at walmart. anything from clothes to TV,s  is from china.

and can the virus live on products?  Ive read that on slick stuff it can live up to 2 days, but on cloth ot is unknown how long it can live, but way longer than the first
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline DanSt

• Forum Member
Re: anyone watching the Kung Flue?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »
Many people will get this. Tragically, some will die, the young and old. Wash your hands frequently, keep fingers out of your nose, eyes, mouth. I received a holster from China yesterday, probably sat in a warehouse for a month or better before I handled it, but still went and washed my hands after handling it. I wont in the future, but another reason to keep fingers out of entry points.

World wide it will claim no more people than the flu does every year. Its panic time because of 24hr news coverage.

Stay safe everyone.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 07:51:53 AM »
Here is a good video explaining the Corona virus.  Sounds like it can easily live on surfaces for 5 days.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »
 Captain Tripps?

NRA Endowment member

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 03:05:28 AM »
 well. anyone think this might be getting worse?
 NRA Endowment member

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 10:43:12 PM »
well. anyone think this might be getting worse?

Not a problem really, if you're under 65 or so, and healthy.   News is reporting that the actor Tom Hanks has it and he's basically describing it like mild cold -- slight fever aches and some chills. 

One of my colleagues came back from vacation overseas a couple weeks ago and felt like crap with a 103 degree fever.   A couple days later he was back to normal.   Was it Coronavirus?    We'll never know, but that's a pretty high fever.   Now I've been really aching and feeling feverish the last couple days.

Probably just a flu, but I really do believe that more people already have this than we realize, because for most people it's going to be just an ordinary sickness.

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »
Might as well cancel the elections too.  :P

I am more concerned about the precautions, and the fallout from them, than the virus. How long will it take to spool everything back up and how hard will certain entities be rocked by the panic stop?

I am intrigued by the stock market opportunities that will present in the upturn. My 401k happens to be trapped in a rollover event (cash) while it plunges. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 06:53:41 PM »
Not a problem really, if you're under 65 or so, and healthy.   News is reporting that the actor Tom Hanks has it and he's basically describing it like mild cold -- slight fever aches and some chills. 

One of my colleagues came back from vacation overseas a couple weeks ago and felt like crap with a 103 degree fever.   A couple days later he was back to normal.   Was it Coronavirus?    We'll never know, but that's a pretty high fever.   Now I've been really aching and feeling feverish the last couple days.

Probably just a flu, but I really do believe that more people already have this than we realize, because for most people it's going to be just an ordinary sickness.

It's really weird, because it seem like most people get a pretty mild case, but occasionally it hits people really hard. 

I saw one estimate from a researcher who said a half million people may already have it and won't ever know, because they never develop severe symptoms, or any symptoms at all.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 08:57:46 PM »
My wife and I (I'm 79) both got the flu shot this season.  We caught the flu -- twice.  Had us both down for about 6 weeks.  I checked on the flu this year and noticed this site:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm
So far, up to 52 MILLION people have had the flu and up to 52,000 have DIED from it!   :o
Yet, no one seems concerned.
Probably because the flu will die out sometime this spring or early summer, and this RNA virus could go on for months.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm
So far, up to 52 MILLION people have had the flu and up to 52,000 have DIED from it!   :o

I'd take those numbers with a massive grain of salt.  From what I've read, the CDC reports both the common flu AND influenza-like sickness deaths as one single statistic.  That said, it still numbers in the 1,000's of deaths.  That's why I'm not the least bit concerned about COVID-19 (nor was I concerned about Swine Flu, or Avian/Bird Flu, etc).

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
Still hard for me to believe the public in general has lost their ever loving minds, esp in grocery stores with hording.  News flash, WASH YOUR HANDS, DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE, IF YOU'RE SICK STAY HOME.  I would've never guessed this could happen in this country, but it is.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 10:24:17 PM »
I'm more worried about panicky people than the virus itself. 

Offline Tj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 01:02:39 PM »
Looks like it’s going to be pretty bad for the economy. The recession is going to hurt. Stay safe