< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Call to Action! Feb 21st Hearing on LB-816 - STOP THIS BILL!!!  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Call to Action! Feb 21st Hearing on LB-816 - STOP THIS BILL!!!
« on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:21 PM »
LB816 is scheduled for hearing on 21 Feb @1330 in the Judiciary Committee.

If you cannot attend, please formally submit your testimony so that it goes into the record for the hearing. To do so, please ensure you comply with the following:
Drop off your written testimony to Senator Lathrope's office or email no later than Thursday 20 Feb at 5 p.m. Anything you submit after that date and time will not be entered into the public record
Send your Email to slathrop@leg.ne.gov
Address it to Senator Lathrope

Your email or letter must include your name and address, a clear statement that you are for, against or neutral on the bill. Include why that is your position on the bill. Include a request for the letter to be included as part of the public hearing record by including the following statement: I request my letter to be included as part of the public hearing record.
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline ClintHouston

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Call to Action! Feb 21st Hearing on LB-816 - STOP THIS BILL!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »
Done. I have also made 12 calls and sent about 24 emails. This is Nebraska, the HeartLand not Virginia.....BUT not if we do not Fight daily!
"Arms are the only true badge of Liberty. The Possession of Arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." AF

Offline Range Mom

• Incendio Firearms Training
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »
Thank you Clint!

As a reminder to all...a quick phone call makes an even stronger impression.  Please consider taking 5 minutes and call your Senator about LB-58 and members of the Judiciary committee about LB-816
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:41:01 PM »
Just emailed Senator Lathrop's office and requested my email be entered into the record:

Senator Lathrop,

I am writing to express my opposition to LB816.  This bill, while purporting to be a suicide prevention bill, is in reality an attempt to deprive Nebraskans of their 2nd Amendment rights.  The bill seeks to regulate firearms that are commonly used for hunting, competition, and self defense.  Firearms of the type targeted by this bill are rarely used in suicide or crime of any kind - in fact, a blunt object such as a hammer is statistically much more likely to be used in a murder than any kind of long gun, including semi automatic rifles or shotguns.  The misleading title of this bill is a dishonest attempt to manipulate public opinion and gain support among those with good intentions.  I respectfully request that the committee members vote against allowing this bill to advance to the full Legislature.

I request this message be included as part of the public hearing record.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:13:30 PM »
I just emailed Senator Lathrop opposing this bill and asking my letter be included in the public record.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline JB Hickok

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 09:42:17 PM »
Good job.  I did the same today myself.  The committee should get plenty of input on this.
“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
James Madison, The Constitution of the United States of America