Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

OTF and auto knives in Lincoln and elsewhere in Nebraska.

(1/3) > >>

ILoveCats:
Trying to find recent information about pocket knives in Nebraska, by which I mean blades under 3.5" per Nebraska law.

This is one of the most recent threads and it mentions the restrictive rules in Hastings, but to me that's no big deal, and just one more reason why I've never gone and never want to go to Hastings.   :laugh:    https://nebraskafirearms.org/online_community/index.php/topic,11107.0.html

My oldest kid saw an OTF knife at the gun show lately and thinks he needs one.  I don't because I think they're pointless, but I'm still curious about the law and whether it's legal.    I do have a Boeker auto (not "assisted opening) lying around somewhere that I purchased in Lithuania, and customs never asked about it.   Curious about that too.

LJUnaTIC:
Both the OTF and the Boker auto are activated by a button and considered switch blades and are banned in Lincoln.

LINCOLN MUNICIPAL CODE
TITLE 9 PUBLIC PEACE AND WELFARE
Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS
9.36.040 Unlawful to Sell or Possess Switch-Blade Knife.
It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, give away, or furnish to another person any switch-blade knife; and it shall be unlawful for any person to have in his or her possession, custody, or control any switch-blade knife. (Ord. 15625 §4; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.030: Ord. 3489 §9-101.1, as amended by Ord. 6284; February 20, 1956).

ILoveCats:
Thanks!

Come to think of it, I gave that Boeker away years ago.    I had forgotten about that.

bullit:
Hastings, too has an ordinance prohibiting switch blades.

Atrus:

--- Quote from: ILoveCats on February 01, 2020, 10:33:53 AM ---My oldest kid saw an OTF knife at the gun show lately and thinks he needs one.  I don't because I think they're pointless,

--- End quote ---

Pointless knives don't seem very useful. You could probably regrind the tip, though.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version