< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Investment Perspective  (Read 963 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Investment Perspective
« on: March 16, 2020, 08:00:48 AM »

Right Now.........

Your firearms inventory is a better investment than your 401K, money market, and--certainly--Social Security.

^-^

FWIW
sfg
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:08:55 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Investment Perspective
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 01:22:39 PM »
Social security has never been an investment. But when the stock market bottoms out, it'll be a great time to invest. Right now the stock market isn't good news for people who lost thousands of dollars in their 401k but if they're not ready to retire for another 10 years they'll probably be OK. Some say precious metals are the best investment - especially silver - right now. But, according to "experts", the worse is yet to come. Disclaimer - I'm not a financial advisor.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:25:49 PM by eelstrebor1 »
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 06:46:19 PM »
Can someone please tell me why the worst happens, so I can invest right after.

Offline sh68137

• NFOA Full Member
  • NRA Lifer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
The only "precious metals" i've invested in is Brass And Lead.
Some steel and plastic but prefer walnut and steel.
IMO
"Only slaves need permission."--SGH

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
Well, if you haven't bought your gold or silver yet, be prepared to pay exorbitant premiums of 60%. It use to be around 20% but because there's a run on gold and silver all the dealers are looking to make huge profits by gouging us. There ought to be a law against that. Some people say they're "glad" to pay those ridiculous premiums but I'll bet they'd be contacting the FTC or some other regulatory agency if someone or some company inflated the cost of toilet paper by 50-60% during a crisis.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
Well, if you haven't bought your gold or silver yet, be prepared to pay exorbitant premiums of 60%. It use to be around 20% but because there's a run on gold and silver all the dealers are looking to make huge profits by gouging us. There ought to be a law against that. Some people say they're "glad" to pay those ridiculous premiums but I'll bet they'd be contacting the FTC or some other regulatory agency if someone or some company inflated the cost of toilet paper by 50-60% during a crisis.

There is no such thing as "gouging".  Supply and demand.
You need neither gold/silver nor toilet paper to survive.  You just picked the wrong time to buy it.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 04:56:24 PM »
There is no such thing as "gouging".  Supply and demand.
You need neither gold/silver nor toilet paper to survive.  You just picked the wrong time to buy it.

It would have been the right time to buy if they hadn't jacked up the premium from 20% to 60% (in some cases higher than that). The spot price, not the premium, is based on supply and demand. If they're going to add over 50% of the spot price to the spot price then they're just engaging in profiteering. If they did this with any other product people would be complaining to the FTC and/or other regulatory agencies. They're just taking advantage of a "crisis". I 'll just have to curtail my spending on this. Anybody willing to pay these exorbitant prices are fools. "A fool and his money are soon parted."