< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Omaha Gun Club Lanes Closed  (Read 1576 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Omaha Gun Club Lanes Closed
« on: March 22, 2020, 01:09:52 PM »
Omaha Gun Club is my indoor range of choice.

Went there the past Friday morning at opening time.   They did not open the doors and no notices were posted.  Other customers were there in a small bunch, as well, somewhat confused by the situation.   After waiting for a bit, we all then went home.  Called OGC later for heads-up on the situation.   Clerk said they'd open at 12Noon.   But...it took a bit of probing and hem-haw to learn that ONLY the gun sales and retail would be open.   The shooting lanes would be closed indefinitely.

After checking the OGC website, there was nary a word or peep on the situation.   Now...OGC does use FaceBook in addition to their website.   So....Checked it out and to their credit, the FB posting did indicate the new operating arrangements.

Bottom Line:

Don't plan to shoot indoors at OGC until some time in the indefinite future.   And--don't count on taking any classes there, either.   Probably a good idea to check their FaceBook postings for latest word before heading thattaway.

FWIW

sfg
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:56:06 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Omaha Gun Club Lanes Closed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 03:45:33 PM »
Probably a good idea to check any company's Facebook and web pages before going there, at this point. 

The missus just had me pick up a couple items a home furnishings store.  They have moved to a "shop online and we'll go pick it and bring it out to your car" business model.   Pretty safe, and convenient, to be honest.  The transaction is all done online so they just come out and set it down on the concrete by your vehicle and you're GTG.  No reason to touch anyone's cash or credit cards, etc.

I should have popped some popcorn to enjoy the show while I was waiting.  It was pretty fascinating to watch the blue-haired flip-phone ladies, confused and distraught by the signs on the door.   One was trying to pull the doors open and rapping on the glass when she saw an employee inside.   I resisted the urge to shout, "GODDAM, WOMAN, THERE'S A PANDEMIC DON'T YA KNOW?"
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 04:20:46 AM »
After checking the OGC website, there was nary a word or peep on the situation.   Now...OGC does use FaceBook in addition to their website.   So....Checked it out and to their credit, the FB posting did indicate the new operating arrangements.
I guess they don't understand that not everyone in the world actually bothers with FB.  Some of us avoid it like the plague.  That said, I don't live in Omaha, so technically it doesn't affect me.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:43:23 AM »
Some of us avoid it like the plague.

So....There are at least TWO of Us.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 08:43:16 AM »
Make that 3 of us, I don't need drama!!

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
Big Shots in Lincoln posts on Facebook all the time. They're open but limiting number of people in the range. And asking customers in the store to keep 6 feet from each other.

I don't know what Thunder Alley is doing.  Or deguns, last post I saw from them was back during protest at the capital. deguns range is outside,
The other two are indoors.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »
One of the reasons I don't go to Facebook is that there's a persistent banner at the bottom of the page that wants you to sign in or create an account and you can't get rid of it unless you do.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline DanSt

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 01:18:54 PM »
March 22 post on deguns facebook says range is closed.