< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NJ State Police NICS Portal ordered off line by Governor Phil Murphy  (Read 620 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/22/nics-check-shutdown/

On Saturday March 21, 2020, Governor Phil Murphy announced he is putting New Jersey in lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus. Per Executive Order 107, he is ordering the residents of New Jersey to stay home, directing all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public. At this time, the order includes New Jersey Firearms State Licensed Dealers. The New Jersey State Police NICS Unit is directing the vendor of the NICS Online Application (NICUSA) to turn off the NICS Online Services for submitting NICS transactions by eliminating the “Request Form” button, effective 9:00pm EST, Saturday, March 21, 2020. You will still have the ability to view the message board and the status of previously submitted transactions. This “Request Form” feature will remain off until further order by Governor Murphy. – NJ State Police NICS Portal
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: NJ State Police NICS Portal ordered off line by Governor Phil Murphy
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:32:04 PM »
So he took away the ability of his citizens to ask permission to acquire a firearm...
I guess NJ gets what they vote for.

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 10:14:08 AM »
Exactly same level of malfeasance as shutting down free speech, right of freedom from search and seizure, etc., etc.

NRA will probably have its head in the sand on this one, same as everything else./size]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:35:43 AM »
I'm glad that I don't live in that anti-American, anti-logic, anti-freedom, anti-gun cesspool of a state. And to think it was one of the states that rebelled against such behavior back in 1776. Grrr, don't get me started. Oops, too late.....
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA