< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sheriff in Lancaster effectively killing new purchase permits  (Read 734 times)

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
https://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/gun-sales-surging-sheriff-makes-changes-to-handgun-purchase-permit

But the process will change starting Friday. In an attempt to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the sheriff’s office will close its counter to requests, offering them by mail only.

"The entire purpose of that is for the safety and welfare of the public and our employees to minimize person-to-person contact," Duncan said.

The public can download a handgun purchase permit form on the sheriff's webpage or call the office at 402-441-6500 and ask to have an application mailed.

The application will need to be completed and notarized before being sent in with a $5 payment and a copy of a valid driver's license with a current address.

"The message is we're going to continue to process these as we always have. But we're doing these entirely by mail and no longer in person at our service counter," Duncan said.

How are people supposed to get them notarized, if everyone is shutting down?!  They're not trying to protect themselves, they're trying to kill permit applications!

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Sheriff in Lancaster effectively killing new purchase permits
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:56:58 AM »
 I wondered so I asked, I called Great Western Bank,  you can use the drive up. send your stuff thru the tube, and they will notarize it,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Re: Sheriff in Lancaster effectively killing new purchase permits
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:05:09 PM »
I wondered so I asked, I called Great Western Bank,  you can use the drive up. send your stuff thru the tube, and they will notarize it,

Interesting.  Still obnoxious, though.  I don't even need one, I have my CCH, I just find the idea repugnant.