< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ATF to allow drive up window purchase of firearm  (Read 1353 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
ATF to allow drive up window purchase of firearm
« on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:24 PM »
  the libs have to be screaming, the ATF made a ruling that people could use a drive up window to buy a forearm, or the dealer could set up a table outside  to buy a gun,   this is way beyond anything I would have expected,   I can think of only 1 reason what they are doing this. TRUMP.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: ATF to allow drive up window purchase of firearm
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
Do you have a link to this?
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/open-letter/atf-business-premises-guidance-letter-4-10-2020/download

U.S. Department of JusticeBureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,Firearms and ExplosivesEnforcement Programs & ServicesWashington, DC 20226www.atf.govApril 10, 2020 ATF Federal Firearms LicenseesDear Federal Firearms Licensee:In light of the March 13, 2020, declaration of a national emergency concerning the outbreak of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and the Department of Homeland Security’s subsequent classification of firearms businesses as essential, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has received questions from industry members regarding the legality of firearm sales and deliveries exterior to the brick-and-mortar structure at which the firearms business is licensed.  Specifically, Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) have requested guidance regarding whether they may verify customer identity and permit the completion of paperwork, including for purposes of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System; accept payment; and deliver firearms or ammunition to customers (collectively, “the requested activities”) in the following settings: (1) a drive-up or walk-up window or doorway on the FFL’s property; (2) a temporary table or booth located in a parking lot on the FFL’s property; and (3) a nearby space that is not located on the FFL’s property.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 03:48:58 PM »
 OOPS. sorry, I dont know how I forgot to add that ,   and if you do a search online, you can find major news groups saying the same thing.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-atf-authorizes-drive-through-gun-sales-to-maintain-social-distancing/?fbclid=IwAR2a-eMQHq-Ua84fWaS7OOZNWixuPrvxwofTvw2DbvWDBIEw4Fjb71O2Z4o
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 07:08:57 PM »
Interesting, seems to be the new normal. The only way I get my mexican food fix is drive up carry out. They even have margaritas to go!!

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 07:18:29 PM »
Some people seem to think this is a setup that'll end up creating more gun control.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 09:29:01 PM »
I can hear the left now:

"It's easier to buy a gun than to buy a Big Mac!"

>:D

Offline Otterf18

• NFOA Board of Directors
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 07:05:29 AM »
Make mine a Double-Double, animal style, and add an AR10, a Glock 23, an Ithaca Light and a medium chocolate shake!  😂
Sheldon Otto - NFOA Board Treasurer

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788