< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Went plinking today....  (Read 2016 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Went plinking today....
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:44:51 PM »
.... a little bit of clays (informal competition), and plinking with .22s, afew handguns, and breaking water filled milk jugs.

I shot 5/5 on the clays, with no warm up...... 100 yard milk jugs were easy offhand, but at 200 I had problems hitting them, even looped up in a squat..... I have GOT to practice before June prarie doggin'...................

We took a "new" shooter with us, and he did well with his gun (a 9mm High Point), despite having no aquaintance with Col. Coopers "modern technique"...... He had no rifle or shotgun skills at all, but managed to break a clay and several milk jugs with my 12 guage before it was over.

Bottom line is I need some practice, and will be going jug busting again soon......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Went plinking today....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »
Oh, and I have 4 4x8 sheets of 3/4 plywood and boling pins, if anybody wants to get together for a pin shoot.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:32:50 AM »
Would love to go bowling! I'll supply the land, you supply the pins. We could bring along a new shooter too.

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
Why are some of these topics that are so old still here? This topic is almost a year to the day. I was disappointed cause I wanted to shoot bowling pins.  ;D

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
So lets do that.  Jay's still got the pins, I imagine.

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »
I'm a new shooter :-)

would LOVE to go bowling... sounds like tons o' fun...

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »
WeepingWater Gun Club has pin shoots on the following days this summer:

19 April

7, 27 June

12 July

9 August

26 September