< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shooting on Army Corps of Engineers land rules proposal  (Read 613 times)

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Shooting on Army Corps of Engineers land rules proposal
« on: April 22, 2020, 03:00:43 PM »
The Army Corps of Engineers is soliciting comments on a notice of proposed rule-making that would make life easier for gun owners on 11.7 million acres of federal lands they manage.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/13/2020-07184/rules-and-regulations-governing-public-use-of-water-resource-development-projects-administered-by

The Department of the Army, through the United States Army Corps of Engineers ("Corps"), is soliciting comments on its proposed revision of its regulation that governs the possession and transportation of firearms and other weapons at Corps water resources development projects ("projects"). This proposed revision would align the Corps regulation with the regulations of the other Federal land management agencies by removing the need for an individual to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on Corps projects.[]
Specifically, the proposed revision would remove the requirement that an individual obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on a Corps project, which is a requirement except when the possession occurs for certain authorized recreation purposes. In doing so, the revised regulation would permit an individual to possess a weapon and associated ammunition when the possession both complies with the Federal, state, and local law where the project is located, and the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the weapon. This change would reduce the burden on the public by eliminating the requirement to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon, but it would not change the fact that individuals already may, at present, possess weapons on Corps projects if they receive appropriate permission.

This proposed change is the result of years of hard work and a lawsuit by Georgia Carry and not the NRA. Please comment in support of this change. The docket number is COE-2018-0008, and commenting closes June 12, 2020.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry