< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Concealed Carry & COVID-19  (Read 1238 times)

Offline CrazyGolfNut

• NFOA Full Member
Concealed Carry & COVID-19
« on: May 27, 2020, 06:06:54 AM »
I have searched around but have not been able to find the answer.  Because of COVID-19, it is strongly suggested that you wear a mask when out in public.  Is it legal to wear a mask while carrying a concealed handgun?   Thanks in advance
“He flourished his sword, I pulled out my gun and shot him”
Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Concealed Carry & COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 08:14:51 AM »
I don't recall seeing anything in the Nebraska regs.
But I too saw the meme and wondered in what state that would be a thing.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »
I have not found any statute NE that prohibits concealed carry if wearing a mask. But this rumor keeps coming up in my classes. Does anyone here in this forum know of any such statute in NE? I'm waiting to hear back from a few contacts and attorneys but wanted to pose the question here in case anyone has already found something already.

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
From Lt. Eric Jones of the Nebraska State Patrol, there are no rules or laws in Nebraska against wearing a mask and carrying concealed.  His only advice was that if a law enforcement officer asks you to remove the mask for identification that you comply.  Just a reminder if you have questions about Conceal Carry call or E-Mail the State Patrol they will help you with the right answer or the directions to go to get the right answers.