< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Renewing Concealed Handgun Permit That Has Expired?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
Renewing Concealed Handgun Permit That Has Expired?
« on: August 23, 2020, 07:28:45 PM »
Can anyone tell me what steps one has to take to renew a Concealed Handgun Permit?
Regards,
DJPeter
"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Re: Renewing Concealed Handgun Permit That Has Expired?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 07:35:05 PM »
You must start over fresh with an accepted training course, then reapply just like you did the first time.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline richard33

• Post approval required
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 03:03:16 AM »
If your license has been expired for longer than six months it can't be renewed you have to apply for a new license

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 07:18:06 AM »
If your license has been expired for longer than six months it can't be renewed you have to apply for a new license
In Nebraska, if you go even one day beyond the expiration, then you have to go through the entire process again.  However, you can renew up to four months prior to expiration.