< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ Pistol Safety Recall  (Read 780 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ Pistol Safety Recall
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:30:06 AM »
seen this posted today thought i would post it here! find the original story posted at https://www.tactical-life.com/news/smith-wesson-mp-shield-ez-safety-recall/ under other conditions i would not copy the whole story and paste it here.. but as this is a safety recall ...
********************************************************************************************

November 24, 2020
Smith & Wesson Issues Safety Recall for M&P Shield EZ Pistol

After finding two pistols with cracked hammers, failing to fully engage the sear, Smith & Wesson issued an M&P Shield EZ pistol safety recall.
By Tactical Life

Smith & Wesson issued a safety recall notice for the M&P Shield EZ pistol. The company found two pistols with cracked hammers.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ Pistol Safety Recall

In those two pistols, the hammer failed to fully engage the sear. It caused the round to fire, cycling the slide, potentially resulting in multiple discharges without depressing the trigger. In all cases, the firearm will not fire unless the grip safety is depressed.

Smith & Wesson found the cracked hammers in only two pistols. Nevertheless, S&W issued a Safety Recall, ensuring all M&P Shield EZ pistols meet specifications. The notice applies only to M&P Shield EZ pistols and Performance Center models manufactured between March 1, 2020 and Oct. 31, 2020. It does not apply to all Shield pistols.

Smith & Wesson asks all consumers of M&P9 Shield and M&P380 Shield EZ, including Performance Center models, to visit mpshieldezrecall.com. Customers should input their serial number, or call 888-871-7114.

Further, S&W encourages all Shield EZ owners to stop using their pistol. Then determine whether or not their pistol is included in the safety recall. Smith & Wesson will inspect all potentially affected pistols. If the pistol contains a bad hammer, S&W sill replace it at no cost. The entire process should take around 10 business days.

All M&P Shield EZ owners outside the U.S. should visit www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/warranty-stations. The webpage contains information on inspection and replacement.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”