< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What happened to Midwest Arms show at Fremont last weekend.Nov 21 and 22  (Read 800 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
There did not seem to be any competing gun shows that weekend, the dealers were not there, the patrons were not there.

This was the first time ever than I was able to part at a Fremont show in the mail lot out front of the doors, I arrived Sunday the 21s around 9:30 and parked like 6 spots away from the entrance.

Dealers that historically have always set up at Fremont, were not there, though I saw them at the tiny gun show in Emerson, NE just a few weeks previous. 

Spectators and that looked like all they were as I saw no one doing firearms paperwork. I expect an empty show on Sat NE game day afternoon, but Sunday was a ghost town.

What did the promotor do to kill this show, during the biggest buying panic the US has ever seen?
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Re: What happened to Midwest Arms show at Fremont last weekend.Nov 21 and 22
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
Well, there is this whole pandemic thing that has taken one in 1,250 Americans so far.

A neighbor thought it was overblown and exaggerated, and set up at a show in late summer.  His funeral was a couple weeks ago but, a lot of friends weren't able to travel to attend.   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:47:52 AM by ILoveCats »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 08:50:32 AM »
A friend and I went Satuday afternoon.  Parked about 10 spots away from the front doors.

It was a typical MAC show, they travel with a dozen or so vendors that sell chinese tools, chinese scopes, chinese bags, etc, etc, etc....

Only the guys that have absolutely nothing better to do set up at MAC shows these days. 
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 12:20:48 PM »
I didnt set up at that show. none of the local dealers will. this one WAS NOT put on by the local gun clubs,

a out of state guy. finds where good shows have been put on for years, and sticks his shows in between them,  working off the name of the good shows.   you read FREMONT gun show. you think of the usual ones,

this guys shows are junk show. usually half the tables are candy and socks,   he has no security at nite, and dealers have lost guns, from sat nite when they covered tables, to sunday morning when they get there,

the  next show is this weekend in wahoo.. might want to go,   I not sure if Lincoln will have a show this jan.   the lancaster event center canceled the farm show and it had to be backed up a couple months to MABYE have one then.  lincoln is stopping large crowds from gathering.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure there won't be a Lincoln show in Jan/Feb unless things dramatically change next month.  Probably the fall show, though.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 05:11:16 AM »
Thanks for the replies, except for the guy afraid of the Pandemic because I knew it was not that, Iowa shows have been packed. I am scheduled to do some rifle shooting at ENGC on Saturday, might be able to attend the Wahoo show early in the day before that.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger