< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Appleseed: April 17/18, 2010 at Broken Bow, NE  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Appleseed: April 17/18, 2010 at Broken Bow, NE
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
Well, it's Appleseed season again and it kicks off here in Nebraska on April 17/18!

Here's the info on the first shoot: Broken Bow April 17/18, 2010.
Space is limited so to register, hurry over to the Eventbrite registration page.  Registration for both Saturday and Sunday is only $70 - however, it is FREE for women, under 21s, and active military. 

Don't know what Appleseed is?  Well... Appleseed is a project initiated by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, a 501.c3 nonprofit, that describes the program this way:

Appleseed is a program that instructs Americans on the traditional rifle marksmanship skills that have been passed down from generation to generation, along with reconnecting today's Americans with the people and events of the Founding era. Participants are taught fundamental rifle marksmanship skills that are required to allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards, with iron sights, standard rifle and surplus ammo. This is the traditional 'Rifleman's Quarter mile', which is an uniquely American Rifleman skill, that has been part of this nation from the very first days.

It's really an outstanding weekend where you'll get great marksmanship instruction and you'll hear the stories of the events that ignited the fire of revolution on April 19, 1775.  Here's a link to the After Action Report from a Colorado shoot last year.

Want to learn more about Appleseed or what you need to bring? After you've looked at those two pages, get registered online for a shoot. Heck get a buddy to register with you.  And bring your wife and kids, too!

Don't have a rifle yet? (unlikely considering present company here, but just in case...) On a tight budget? Take a look at a discussion on affordable Ruger 10/22 Liberty Training Rifles or Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifles.

See you there!

Zombie
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Appleseed: April 17/18, 2010 at Broken Bow, NE
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
zombiehunter, the links  to the Liberty training rifles are asking me for a log in
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:36:09 PM »
Well, bugger.  I suppose you'll need to register with the Appleseed forum then.  It's free and a good source of info that's full of great Americans. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
I get a message that they are missing or off limits to me.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:42:44 PM »
They may be off limits if you're not a forum member and signed in.  My bad for not signing out and verifying you could get in without registering.  But like I said, it's free, Appleseed doesn't take any of your personal info aside from an email, and there's lots of good info on the forums once you register.   If you want to see the conversations on how to build an inexpensive liberty training rifle, then you'll have to register and login. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:40:38 AM »

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 07:48:23 AM »
Good call Brian.  I had forgotten about that blog. 

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »
This is a very interesting organization. How did the event turn out?

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »
This is a very interesting organization. How did the event turn out?

The weekend went very well.  Here's the After Action Report (you may need to sign up/sign in to the forum to view it).  Two guys shot Rifleman.  Three others took the first step to becoming instructors by accepting an Orange Hat as Instructors-in-Training.  Weather was sunny with minimal wind - though the nights did dip below freezing enough to frost the flys on the tents.  Turn out wasn't huge (about 13 shooters), but everyone seemed to learn at least something new in both heritage and marksmanship.  There's another shoot in Lincoln June 12/13 (Register here) and one in Grand Island June 19/20 (Register here). 

If you're considering the Lincoln shoot at Ikes, I recommend signing up early as there's been lots of interest and I expect that shoot to sell out. 

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
'fraid ill be in a different part of the world for those shoots. but i would like to come check them out. this is definetly an organization MWTS will support tho.