< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ashli Babbitt, Murdered?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Ashli Babbitt, Murdered?
« on: January 08, 2021, 10:15:19 AM »
I see the unnamed officer who shot Ashli Babbitt was relieved of duty, but have really not seen much discussion about the circumstances of her Murder/Execution.
Now based on video that I had to go to British Press to watch, it appears that the Officer involved was laying in wait for the first person to poke their head through the door and shot to kill.
I did not see how unarmed Ashli Babbitt was a direct threat to the Officer. I did not know that the punishment for trespassing or vandalism was on the spot execution.
There is audio with the video, and the man filming warns that there is an officer with a gun, but never heard any warning from the officer, who appears to be 8-10' from Babbitt and out of sight to her left, I doubt she even saw the officer.
Sad day, and nobody is talking about it!

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Ashli Babbitt, Murdered?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 06:43:51 PM »
Too soon to say, obviously.  E.g., did the officers have an ability to retreat or were they trapped in that corridor?  Was there an unarmed Senator in an office behind them they were trying to protect, with no ability to get away?  Etc. etc.

All I know is that if an angry mob of Mostly Peaceful Protestors were outside my house, and they broke a window to come in, and the first guy is crawling in the window with thirty more screaming behind him, I don't care if he is "an unarmed veteran".  If you don't shoot the first guy coming in the window and wait for the fifth or tenth guy to come in the window, you're too late.

Now we're going to have to hear her referred to for the next year as "Unarmed Veteran Ashli Babbit", the same way we had to hear about "Unarmed Black Teen Who Looked Like Obama's Son Treyvon Martin."
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »
Too soon to say, obviously.  E.g., did the officers have an ability to retreat or were they trapped in that corridor?  Was there an unarmed Senator in an office behind them they were trying to protect, with no ability to get away?  Etc. etc.

All I know is that if an angry mob of Mostly Peaceful Protestors were outside my house, and they broke a window to come in, and the first guy is crawling in the window with thirty more screaming behind him, I don't care if he is "an unarmed veteran".  If you don't shoot the first guy coming in the window and wait for the fifth or tenth guy to come in the window, you're too late.

Now we're going to have to hear her referred to for the next year as "Unarmed Veteran Ashli Babbit", the same way we had to hear about "Unarmed Black Teen Who Looked Like Obama's Son Treyvon Martin."

Three million patriots attended that rally in DC.  They extended from the steps of the capital to beyond the Washington monument and spilled into the streets on both sides for blocks.      Videos show a peaceful crowd milling around in front of the front steps.  Many weren't wearing masks, despite covid, so they weren't trying to conceal their identity.  They didn't carry chains, or baseball bats with nails, or bottles of urine, or fireworks, or concealed weapons (folks had to pass through metal detectors). 

Link to video

They were a PEACEFUL assembly of citizens exercising their 1st Amendment right.  Yet, despite that scene, CNN and the rest of the lying media labeled them "violent rioters".  Last year, with a backdrop of burning cars, businesses, public and private buildings,  wounded and murdered citizens, CNN called Antifa and the BLM "mostly peaceful protestors".   They said the same thing about the thugs taking control of the center of Portland, which was a real insurrection against a local government. 

Videos of the DC rally show a guard opening a fence-gate and waving the people into the area of the front steps of the capital.  Other videos show guards opening the doors to the anteroom, and in there talking and joking with members of the crowd and even posing for selfies.  A video shows two people trying to break a window and the crowd of patriots began shouting "antifa, antifa, antifa", and shortly there after some in the crowd stop the attempted destruction.  Videos show a peaceful crowd milling around in front of the front steps. 

The DC guard who did the shooting knew at least two things: the person he pointed the gun at was a woman, and she was unarmed.  On the other hand, as a former military police officer she knew better than to do what she was doing, but how do you get your representatives to hear your grievances if they won't respond to your calls and replies with form letters, tell you what you want to hear while campaigning but do the opposite after they take office? 

I wasn't a fan of Trump.  He behaved in reprehensible ways before becoming president, but he understood the meaning of freedom, free enterprise and capitalism.  Marxist understand none of that.  Despite what they saw with their own eyes, IF, they were watching even the MSM, when it became obvious to them that Trump would not succeed in his attempts to undo the Chicago Style voting scheme used to elect Biden the Republicans abandon Trump to avoid being attacked by the Marxist.  I expected Sasse to say what he did, but I was surprised by Fisher and Thortenberry.  They will soon learn that the Marxist will attack them anyway because they are not Marxists.  Marxist even shoot their own wounded and eat their young if they don't strictly adhere to the dogma as presented by their dear leaders.

Consider that 1/5th of Congress openly declares themselves to be members of the "Progressive Congressional Caucus".  "Progressive" is an invisibility cloak to hide the word "Marxist".   Many more are in the Senate, and there are a lot of "fellow travelers" in both houses, SCOTUS, and many court houses around the country.  The Marxist have been very successful in their "long march" through our institutions.

I have been a Republican since Goldwater.  I voted for him when they said that if I did there would be war.  They were right.  There was war.  Johnson started it by lying about the Bay of Tonkin incident.  I will never vote for a Democrat as long as their party platform is a carbon copy of the old CPUSA platform.  And, I will no longer vote for a Republican as long as they behave like Dem-Lites.   Therefore, a couple of months ago, I unregistered as a Republican and am now not affiliated with any party.

A WORD OF WARNING:
The Marxist now control ALL of the branches of our government.  You can expect a complete repeal of the 2nd Amendment  and begin confiscation.  An overhaul of the 1st  will modify or remove "freedom of religion" and "freedom of assembly".  If you want to know what the justification for the last two will be just look at what's been happening for the last year, just to "keep you safe".... and out of work and in need of government assistance if you were unlucky enough to be in the "non-essential" category of employment.

Biden will also stop coal, gas and oil production, making us dependent on mid-East oil again.  Be prepared to ride your bike to work because you won't be able to afford gas for your car, if you can find gas.  Using an electric vehicle?  There won't be enough energy available to charge them.   Modern farming is just a way of using land to convert oil into food.  No oil?  No food.  The weight loss diet you've always wanted will be forced upon you.

Didn't like ObamaCare?  Too bad.  Expect it to come back in spades.

You can also expect to see Biden as a "token" president with Harris pulling his chains behind the scenes until Jan 24th, 2024, when the Dems will use the 25th to toss Biden to the curb and give Harris the presidency for the next 12 years.  I probably won't be alive in 2036 but those who will be won't recognize what used to be the USA and will rue the day they bought into the "free stuff".  To see which way our country is headed consult Venezuela.

I'm now 79.  The State asked me to investigate a murder in 1987 and to testify against the psycho killer in his retrial in 1997.  In 2012 some do-gooders thought it would be a great idea to release him, even after he threatened to kill everyone in his family and all those who helped to imprison him.   That's when I got my CC permit and three semi-auto pistols.  After the do-gooders plans fell through I sold my primary CC weapon, the 9mm Nano.  I haven't fired the other two firearms since 2015.   I doubt I ever will fire them.   It's the end of an era in so many ways.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:30:55 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 08:53:48 PM »
That video is very interesting
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:14:38 PM by LJUnaTIC »
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline hangarflying

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 01:41:04 AM »
**** off. She was a traitor to this country participating in sedition. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 05:21:44 PM »
**** off. She was a traitor to this country participating in sedition. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
What she did was definitely inadvisable, probably stupid, but do you know for a fact it was seditious?  That's a weighty charge to throw around.

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 06:08:46 PM »
What she did was definitely inadvisable, probably stupid, but do you know for a fact it was seditious?  That's a weighty charge to throw around.

Apparently the DOJ thinks so.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/533898-prosecutors-building-sedition-and-conspiracy-charges-against-some

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 10:36:54 PM »
Still my question is, why has the shooter not been named in public as usually happens?
Me thinks if this had been a local officer that shot and killed a citizen during a protest. The name and picture of the shooter would be all over the media.
Wondering if the shooter may be a high level Govt. security person, we may never know.
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 11:12:31 PM »
**** off.  ....

Free speech for thee but not for me?
Sedition
Conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state
I believe there are politicians who are guilty of sedition:
https://bit.ly/35D1xVl
and our new VP-elect
https://bit.ly/35DURGG
"...the protests should continue and will continue [during their administration]..."
and who, like Biden, plagiarized others. She specifically appropriated MLK's story of a young girl
Harris praised the BLM.  You realize that BLM was started by  three dedicated Marxists don't you?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:23:57 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
"Quote
    Sedition
    Conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state"

That appears to be a dictionary definition. They're probably going off the actual U.S. Code definition of sedition:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

So breaking into the Capitol while Congress is in session carrying out it's duties under Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution (the highest "law" in the country) probably constitutes "by force ... prevent[ing], hinder[ing], or delay[ing] the execution of any law of the United States."

But my question is what does this discussion have to do with firearms ownership or the purpose of this group?

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »
Quote from: Atrus link=topic=19326.msg130200#msg130200 date=

But my question is what does this discussion have to do with firearms ownership or the purpose of this group?

[/quote

I started this thread because I was wondering if I was the only one who saw inconsistencies and possibly media spin in reporting on a national story. I think if it was not a fit in this category a Moderator would have moved/removed the post. If I see posts that I don't like I move on.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 07:21:47 PM »
"Quote
    Sedition
    Conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state"

That appears to be a dictionary definition. They're probably going off the actual U.S. Code definition of sedition:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

So breaking into the Capitol while Congress is in session carrying out it's duties under Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution (the highest "law" in the country) probably constitutes "by force ... prevent[ing], hinder[ing], or delay[ing] the execution of any law of the United States."

You would be correct IF the protestors did break into the capital building.  They did not break in.  They were let in by the police, who opened the doors for them.  IF you watched the video in my original post you could not help but notice that after the police opened the gates and doors to let them in they stood around with the people, laughing, joking and posing for selfies.  And the MNM called them "violent rioters".

And what does this have to do with firearms ownership or the purpose of this group, you ask?

Let's ignore the use of firearms to defend yourself and your property from armed attackers, despite the fact that doing so  results in being charged for various crimes by prosecutors in an increasing number of places in this country.  Let's ignore the fact that a lot of gun owners do not view hunting animals with a firearm as a sport.  I'm one of them.  Shooting a "game" animal from 600 yards, or in a tree stand at 60 yards isn't really a sport.  It is a form of precision target practice at the expense of animal that isn't (yet) needed as a source of food.   So, if not for protection or for sport, then for what purpose would an American own a firearm and be proficient in its use?

America WAS the land of the free.   The six enumerations in the 1st Amendment have been obliterated before our very eyes.  Millions of people who disagree with Marxist philosophy are being de-platformed from social media sites by the powers that be.  As someone once wrote: "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize". 
“Congress shall (1) make no law respecting an establishment of religion, (2) or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; (3) or abridging the freedom of speech, (4) or of the press; (5) or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, (6) and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Take freedom of religion.   Some governors and mayors didn't make a law, they made "proclamations" or "decrees" canceling several of our rights: 1A(1) and 1A(2).   Also, they  shut down schools, colleges, factories, shipping, manufacture, and more, putting millions out of work and forcing them into government assistance.  This despite that fact that the CDC has reported that for almost an entire year, between  Feb 2, 2020 and Jan 4, 2021, a total of only 565 students between the ages of 5 and 24 have died of Covid-19, and all of them had pre-existing medical conditions.  The vast majority of those who contract C19 are asymptomatic and Dr Fauci says, rightly so, that asymptomatic people are not transmitters.   About 76% of those who died from C19 were 65+ years old or older, and 59% of ALL deaths were of people 85+ years old or older.    Like me, at 79, they could die from just about anything in the next year.  It is part of the process of getting very old.

The John Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center maps all the states and shows what Dr Fauci and the CDC stated, based on peer-reviewed research since 1946, that masks do not stop viruses, and hence mask mandates are useless unless your goal is to selectively repress certain parts of the population.   Tje "New Cases" and "New Deaths" time curves for the majority of states look the same, regardless of if or when any mask mandates were imposed.  Yet, the mandates remain in place.  But not for all, as we learned when it was revealed that the child of Lincoln's mayor could play in a tennis tournament but all the other girls sports were canceled.  How convenient.  Here is an article on the CDC website using peer-reviewed research to establish that medical masks (and certainly not the cloth masks folks are wearing these days) do NOT work to stop virus infections:
Face Masks

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks
Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.
(Note: Flu is a DNA virus and Covid is an RNA virus.  Mechanically, their behavior passing through a mask is the same)

Is America still the home of the brave?  Time will tell.   It is becoming increasingly obvious that many people like the idea of the gov paying for their subsistence (guaranteed income for food, housing, clothing) while they spend the money  they make but don't report on partying and drugs.  It's how the drug lords got rich.

As a co-founder of the NFOA once wrote:
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

You decide, Atrus.  Was that, or is it still a mission of the NFOA?  If not what good is the NOFA for?  That you thought it was necessary to ask your question suggests to me that I spoke on the steps of the NE Capital building in 2012 during a rally in defense of the 2A for nothing.   By the time Harris finishes her 12th year as POTUS the Constitution and BoR will be a document to which she gives lip service but the law will be a Manifesto.  Those legal  immigrants from Venezuela or those from China or Cuba or Russia who managed to escape to America will understand.  But where will they go then?  Where will you go?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:31:22 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 09:28:15 AM »
Still my question is, why has the shooter not been named in public as usually happens?
Me thinks if this had been a local officer that shot and killed a citizen during a protest. The name and picture of the shooter would be all over the media.
Wondering if the shooter may be a high level Govt. security person, we may never know.

Sheesh....sometimes a simple question can.....well, never mind. To comment on the original posted question....Greg, I think in light of all that went on and the aftermath that continues, those in the police/security & legal side of things are going to be extra cautious before releasing any detailed information.  I, for one, believe all will come out in due time but for the sake of not immediately touching off this group or that group or those far off left & right groups they have to be sure they have all the ducks in a row.  It's sad what happened and it didn't have to be that way...common sense civility comes to mind.   
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »
You decide, Atrus.  Was that, or is it still a mission of the NFOA?

I'm only responding because you mentioned me by name, and to answer your question, no, I don't think this thread topic or COVID have anything to do with this organization's mission. You're free to disagree. Until the mods weigh in, you're free to post what you like. But on the same page, until the mods weigh in, I'm free to post that I don't think it's relevant to firearms ownership or laws. In my personal opinion, opening this group up to general political discussions is more harmful to its public image and consequently its ability to influence nonmembers on firearms laws than narrowly tailoring its mission. Again, you're free to disagree.

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 07:17:14 PM »
I'm only responding because you mentioned me by name, and to answer your question, no, I don't think this thread topic or COVID have anything to do with this organization's mission. You're free to disagree. Until the mods weigh in, you're free to post what you like. But on the same page, until the mods weigh in, I'm free to post that I don't think it's relevant to firearms ownership or laws. In my personal opinion, opening this group up to general political discussions is more harmful to its public image and consequently its ability to influence nonmembers on firearms laws than narrowly tailoring its mission. Again, you're free to disagree.

Agreed.  While one side of the aisle is typically more "lenient" as far as gun laws go, gun owners have been stabbed in the back by both parties at times.

Turning this into a cheering session for one party or ideology is more likely to turn off members and drive them away than bring in new ones. 

The GOP used to look at it as the "big tent".  "We may not agree on everything, but we agree on enough to get along and move in the same general direction."  We should all be able to agree that we're in favor of less restrictive laws for legal gun ownership and carry in this group.  Outside of that, we should be able to agree to disagree.

But hey....that's just my $0.02 as another member.

Offline 402.308

• I'm a Proud GOA Life Member, NRA Endowment Member, &
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Pro-Gun Woman
    • Gun Owners of America
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 10:54:44 PM »
They were a PEACEFUL assembly of citizens exercising their 1st Amendment right.  Yet, despite that scene, CNN and the rest of the lying media labeled them "violent rioters".  Last year, with a backdrop of burning cars, businesses, public and private buildings,  wounded and murdered citizens, CNN called Antifa and the BLM "mostly peaceful protestors".   They said the same thing about the thugs taking control of the center of Portland, which was a real insurrection against a local government. 

Videos of the DC rally show a guard opening a fence-gate and waving the people into the area of the front steps of the capital.  Other videos show guards opening the doors to the anteroom, and in there talking and joking with members of the crowd and even posing for selfies.  A video shows two people trying to break a window and the crowd of patriots began shouting "antifa, antifa, antifa", and shortly there after some in the crowd stop the attempted destruction.  Videos show a peaceful crowd milling around in front of the front steps. 

John Sullivan (Antifa organizer) on CNN after Capitol riots, he is on video laughing "We did it!!", filmed Babbitt getting shot. Proof in post linked below.....

There will be false flag attempts - All I have to say is read this thread:
https://nebraskafirearms.org/online_community/index.php/topic,19348.0.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:35:39 AM by 402.308 »
"...and let him who has no sword sell his tunic and buy one."
                         ~Jesus to the Apostles (Luke 22:36)

https://gunowners.org/latest-news

Gun Owners Foundation: https://www.gunowners.com
Donate when you shop on smile.amazon.com!