< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun licensing and registration bill in Congress  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Gun licensing and registration bill in Congress
« on: January 30, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »
A new bill, HR127, has been introduced by (of course) Sheila Jackson Lee.  It's pretty bad, and definitely not constitutional.  She wants to make everyone register their guns within 90 days of the bill passing.  Not only that, but you have to specify where precisely you store them in your house.  She also wants to make the database accessible to the public.  Also, in order to get a license to own a firearm - not just buy one - you have to go through a psych exam, and not just you but everyone in the household.  And on top of that, former spouses will also be part of the exam process to determine whether you can get a license.  You have to even get a license merely to display a firearm in your own home, along with details of where and how precisely you plan to display it.

Failing to get a license is a minimum $50,000 fine and/or minimum 10 years in jail.  Failing to register a firearm is minimum $10,000 fine and/or minimum 1 year in jail.

I don't see this bill going anywhere, even with the Dems having so much control, but it's still worth noting where they're trying to push us.

Offline MikeT

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun licensing and registration bill in Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 10:19:49 AM »
Under any other administration this would be dead in the water.  This time around I have REAL concerns about just how far this PoS will go.
Which part of "...shall not be infringed" are you having trouble with.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun licensing and registration bill in Congress
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 12:19:35 PM »
could you see all out civil war if this would pass . Dem's  thought 3 million trump protesters in DC was scary . 300 million pissed off gun owners ... would have them ****ting bricks lol

I for one would NOT comply
where precisely you store them in your house: within arm's Reach ......
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”