< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA Consultation  (Read 1049 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
NFOA Consultation
« on: February 07, 2021, 02:55:13 PM »
I am curious .... how many of the firearm related LBs involved discussion with the NFOA?  I know that Senator Slama did to a degree with the NFOA and Dick Clark.  Curious on any others if I our input was sought or considered.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: NFOA Consultation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 03:35:46 PM »
Level of legislative inquiry would indicate whether or not our representatives are aware of NFOA as an advocacy organization.

And--perhaps--whether or not they care.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 05:45:42 PM »
Ken .. I bring this up, as for the past few years, I've noted a few gun related LBs that I scratch my head and wonder ... wonder why we were not consulted ... wonder who on earth was ...  and the fate of those bills has crashed and burned (expectedly).
Again, outside of Slama's LB "Castle Doctrine", I remain curious.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 06:57:51 PM »
I'll give you one guess...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 08:06:20 AM »
CLIII:

"...wonder why we were not consulted..."   Me, too.  Always have.

FarmerRick:

Like all the other Master-of-the-World Mega-Organizations, the NRA has a power lock on us.   For example, two of my three gun ranges require NRA membership as a pre-condition of club membership. 

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
Semper Fi Guy - NRA membership is required at ranges, because that's where the ranges get their insurance.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 11:56:21 AM »
NRA membership is required at ranges, because that's where the ranges get their insurance.

No real argument from me in that regard.

'Cause that's where I get my insurance, as well.   (Lockton in Kansas City, actually; but Lockton has the deal with NRA.)

But NRA does need to get its act brightened up a bit.   Maybe things will all smooth out in Texas.

sfg