< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Just picked up Citadel Levtac 92 44 lever gun Made in Brazil by CBC  (Read 3303 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
So lever gun 357mag,44mag,454 Casull. 18" barrel threaded .578x28 syn. stock aluminum M-lok fore end, unsure of barrel twist rate  I got the 44 mag, I can not comment upon the barrel threading of the other two calibers. Rear Peep sight threads in, not sure if std rear cowboy peep type thread or not. I will have to try one of my Skinner Sight inserts and see if the same thread. The peep slides up/down on an inclined rail, looks like what a dovetail for windage. Pretty light gun, with the AAC Trant 45 silencer, it is lighter than my integral Ruger 77/44 by John's Guns.

So CBC is a large ammo and firearms company based in Brazil  owns Taurus/Rossi so most likely a very similar to those manuf. rifles. Owns Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, MEN ammo companies.

If it was not so damn cold out I would be giving shooting report rather than this silly info.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Just picked up Citadel Levtac 92 44 lever gun Made in Brazil by CBC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »
I just looked this up on Gun-broker.
Looks like a fun shooter, give a report when it warms up.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 02:35:25 AM »
The Skinner Sight peep inserts were not the same thread size or pitch. I have never been around lever guns other than 22lr this one will cycle empty 44 mag cases.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline MrsGriz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 02:07:51 PM »
So lever gun 357mag,44mag,454 Casull. 18" barrel threaded .578x28 syn. stock aluminum M-lok fore end, unsure of barrel twist rate  I got the 44 mag, I can not comment upon the barrel threading of the other two calibers. Rear Peep sight threads in, not sure if std rear cowboy peep type thread or not. I will have to try one of my Skinner Sight inserts and see if the same thread. The peep slides up/down on an inclined rail, looks like what a dovetail for windage. Pretty light gun, with the AAC Trant 45 silencer, it is lighter than my integral Ruger 77/44 by John's Guns.

So CBC is a large ammo and firearms company based in Brazil  owns Taurus/Rossi so most likely a very similar to those manuf. rifles. Owns Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, MEN ammo companies.

If it was not so damn cold out I would be giving shooting report rather than this silly info.
Husband & I had Rossi 92s in .45 for CAS b/4 we switched; him to 44-40 and me to .357. They functioned extremely well so I'd be most surprised if you had an issue w/ this.
I have no idea how many S&B cases my husband has (.45ACP & 9 mm) but at least 3 pails as he's been shooting that for years & rates it VG for both practise & reloading. I wouldn't know as loading, like dealing w/ snow, is his department ;)