< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Local Omaha 2nd Amendment/non Woke Banks?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Local Omaha 2nd Amendment/non Woke Banks?
« on: February 25, 2021, 05:07:57 PM »
Since several well known banks have become hostile to gun manufacturers, the 2nd Amendment, President Trump, and Trump supporters:

Can anyone recommend a Bank in Omaha that is not part of the 2nd Amendment hating and "Woke" crowd of companies? It's time to put our money where our values are!

Anybody know if any of the following banks are leftist/woke?:

Access Bank
American National Bank
Bank of the West
Citizens State Bank
Foundation One Bank
Great Southern Bank
Great Western Bank
Pinnacle Bank
Security National Bank
US Bank
Wells Fargo

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Re: Local Omaha 2nd Amendment/non Woke Banks?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 06:37:29 PM »
Might want to.look for a more updated article,  but the banks that scored an F on this list might still be 2A or at least not flagrantly anti

https://gunsdownamerica.org/campaign/is-your-bank-loaded/
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 07:22:02 AM »
Well, the Branch Manager of the CORE Bank at 120th and Center in Omaha was in the news a couple of years back.

Because.................he pulled out his concealed handgun and pointed it at one of his female employees.   For the startle effect, or sumthin'.  Just teasing the girls, whatever.  Maybe.

After the inevitable hoo-raw and hullabaloo began roaring, he claimed that he was just sorta clowning around and really meant no harm a-tall.

You could ask him.

But just don't go to the bank office to find him.   Any more.

FWIW

sfg

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:34:29 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 07:32:48 AM »
After the First National debacle a few years ago, I moved my pennies to SAC, which is now Cobalt Credit Union.

Decent service and they don't give me any gruff when I go in with this face diaper on...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DanS

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 08:12:05 AM »
As some here may know, FNBO, first national bank of omaha, discontined their NRA branded CC that gave NRA members rental car discounts etc. I have 2 visa cc's from fnbo, and instead of canceling the cards, every month I charge 10 cents on each card, a package of Koolaid or something as cheap as I can find. fnbo has to print a paper statement, pay money to mail it to me, and I pay it online with a free demand withdrawal from my checking account. fnbo probably wont go out of business because I do that, but its one way to fight the anti NRA bastards. Latest American Rifleman has a notice article on page 66 about a little win against this anti NRA and gun manufacturers bias. Papa Joe in Washington can overturn this, but he is probably is too busy planning  how to have a "buy back" program for guns they never owned in the first place.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 09:32:49 AM »
Please check this story on page 66 of the most recent American Rifleman:

OCC FINALIZES NON-DISCRIMINATION RULE AS PRIVATE ELITES PURGE CONSERVATIVE VOICE, BUSINESSES.

The US Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is prohibiting politically-motivated discrimination in the provision of financial services in a new regulation that will go into force on April 1, 2021.

Question:
How has this activity escaped the phone and pen of Joe Biden....???

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 10:37:03 AM »
The NFOA moved from FNBO to Pinnacle Bank a few years ago.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 03:01:55 PM »
I’d love info on this is well. I don’t want to be involved with any massive woke companies anymore if I can help it.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 09:32:00 PM »
I know Pinnacle Bank is Nebraska owned and we have NFOA members who work for them.
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 08:08:18 AM »
Thanks for all the info everyone. Greatly appreciated!

Offline Winston

• NFOA Full Member
  • USMC Combat Decorated
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 03:42:05 PM »
I use Bank of the West and Wells Fargo for my checking and credit card needs and they have always processed my firearms and ammo purchases instantly by check and credit card with never a problem or delay. They both have also acted on my behalf when I have had a few dispute actions with vendors. Another good bank is a west coast company I still do business with "Union Bank". It's Japanese owned and so far, 2A supportive.

Offline bauhaus

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 08:59:32 PM »
While Bank of the West hasn't dipped their toes into firearms issues yet, they are headquartered in San Francisco and it shows.  They are woke.

Offline DanS

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »
Not saying Scheels is good or bad, I see if you sign up for a Visa CC with them you get a $50 Visa gift card to use at Scheels. Here's what I found interesting in the fine print. First National Bank of Omaha. FNBO doesnt know Scheels sells guns?

https://www.scheels.com/visacard

1. Cards are issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa and Visa Signature are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association and used under license.