< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anderson Manufacturing  (Read 2230 times)

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
Anderson Manufacturing
« on: March 15, 2021, 05:34:41 PM »
Anyone have any experience with Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 style rifle?
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Re: Anderson Manufacturing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:44:38 AM »
Stripped lower ,yes.

Complete rifle, no
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 07:29:50 AM »
Nicknamed the "Poverty Pony" due to them being about the cheapest lower you can buy.

That's all I really know.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
That doesn't really help me.

Would you pay $599 for a complete Anderson rifle?  Locally available.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 07:53:14 PM »
You are not providing enough information for me to make that call.

Caliber, barrel length, barrel metallurgy, nitriding or chrome lining, bolt carrier group type and metallurgy, fire control group quality, magazines included, backup iron sights, muzzle device and furnitue included are all questions that would directly impact sale price.

Frankly the least expensive complete upper only  that l own cost me several hundred more than $599
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 06:55:19 AM »
Well its not available anymore.
-- George Mason

Offline DanS

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 08:07:13 AM »
https://gun.deals has some Anderson lowers for sale from time to time. Probably not many Anderson AR15's, but read the comments on other AR15's to get an idea of what features on a AR15 are included for the price. Youtube is good also to see what turns up on there for people who post that they love or hate their particular brand of gun.

I know a "they are "sh?t" or "I like mine", would be the answer you would of liked to receive to your post, but once you determine what you want in a AR15, either plinking weapon, or home defense weapon, based on what you been able to see what features are desireable for either purpose, you can decide if it fits your needs and your price range.

I wouldnt run from an Anderson AR15, its in a certain price range, no stories of the them blowing up that Ive heard. Check youtube if one did, or an owner hates his, a video by a pissed off owner is probably posted on there.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 02:18:17 PM »
Nothing wrong with them in my experience, put your money into a barrel and FCG, that effects accuracy more than anything else.