< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone going to try to buy firearms at the Lincoln amesty event April 2nd?  (Read 722 times)

Offline DanS

• NFOA Full Member
Given the danger of buying a stolen gun from a person showing up there to turn a firearm in, and, the threat of being ticketed for disturbing the peace, by standing on the public sidewalk holding a sign saying, "I pay cash for guns", has anyone tried this before? Not buying a defaced firearm is a no-brainer. I can prove that Im not prohibited from buying or owning a firearm. Just a peer to peer transfer?

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
Seems like asking for trouble, and I wouldn't do it.  But, it's a free country...

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Given the danger of buying a stolen gun from a person showing up there to turn a firearm in, and, the threat of being ticketed for disturbing the peace, by standing on the public sidewalk holding a sign saying, "I pay cash for guns", has anyone tried this before? Not buying a defaced firearm is a no-brainer. I can prove that Im not prohibited from buying or owning a firearm. Just a peer to peer transfer?

I've thought of that myself.  If memory serves me right, a couple of years ago Sarpy Sheriff Dept. did one, and they gave 50 bucks.  Took a pic of all the firearms on the table, and someone noticed there was a really rare pistol that would easily go into the thousand dollar range.  Want to say it was a German Luger Dirty Bird, but could be mistaken.

Might have gone to Lincoln if I didn't already have plans.