< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Texas judge has thrown out the NRA's bankruptcy case  (Read 796 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Texas judge has thrown out the NRA's bankruptcy case
« on: May 11, 2021, 03:48:48 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-texas-judge-has-thrown-out-the-nras-bankruptcy-case-clearing-the-way-for-new-yorks-attempts-to-dissolve-the-group/ar-BB1gCCSn?li=BBnb7Kz

A Texas judge rejected the NRA's attempt to go bankrupt, siding with New York state prosecutors.
Prosecutors said the bankruptcy filing was an attempt to squirm out of other litigation.
In August, the New York Attorney General's office accused the NRA of corruption and negligent oversight.

read the whole story at above link
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Re: Texas judge has thrown out the NRA's bankruptcy case
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »
Honestly not surprised.  When the NRA filed for bankruptcy, then immediately came out and claimed they were in a great financial position, I knew there was no way it was going to be allowed.  You can't file for bankruptcy when you openly admit to being able to pay your debts.  I know they were only doing it to dissolve their incorporation in NY, but the principle is still the same.